X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window switch

hi all
    i have had a look in the search tools and i cant find what i need,
    my rear window key hole works for winding it down but it wont let me wind it up via the key any idea any one ?????

Originally posted by B3 MWE
    hi all
    i have had a look in the search tools and i cant find what i need,
    my rear window key hole works for winding it down but it wont let me wind it up via the key any idea any one ?????
    Probably a broken wire or dodgy keyswitch. Can you wind the window
    up/down via the switch in the front?

Matt

Comment

Have seen this twice. both times the same thing. there is a black cover at the bottom edge of the tailgate towards the passenger side. Where the cable loom comes out of this the cables get bent forwards and backwards till they snap. The up/down cables from the switch are the thinest and go first.

from memory it is the green with a red stripe and green with a yellow stripe.

they are connected to earth to move the window.

however it can also be the back of the switch.

test it like this.

drop the tailgate

pop the lining off so you can see the works

click the latches at either side in so that the tailgate thinks it is closed

with an assistant to support the glass, wind the window a little past half way out (using the cab switch) so that you can see the back of the switch.

unplug the connector.

take a 6 foot length of wire. bare the ends and attach one to bare metal to get an earth (tighten it under a bolthead or twist it around the ushaped metal hasp that the tailgate latches to) take the other bare end and touch it to either pin in the connector. not the side connected to the switch but the other side. if you can get the tailgate to go either way now it is probably the switch. if it still only goes down then it's probably the wire under the black cover like I said.

if it's that then cut the wire away to either side of the break and solder in a new bit of wire, prefferebly good quality stuff that'll take a bit of bending, and insulate it with heatshrink tube, and test it then tape it all up with black electricians tape.

Comment

ideall every body when we get some summer weather i will check it all out

Comment

Let us know if the console switch in the front works okay and also, if you can hear relays clicking when you use the key switch.

Comment

hi all
            the switch in the front works fine a little slow on going up ,,
            i can not hear any relays click when trying the rear key switch

Comment

Then I'm pretty confident it's either the switch itself or more likely the cable where it bends between tailgate and body.

Clean out the window tracks and grease up the runners on the bottom of the window while you are at it, and lubricate the rubber with 'holst rubber and nylon lube' if the window is slow.

Comment

Working...
              X