yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hazards not working,,,Indicators keep blowing fuse ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazards not working,,,Indicators keep blowing fuse ??

Right, the other day my indicators stopped working so i checked the fuse and that had blown, anyway kept blowing them, they will work for a few minutes, meantime i've noticed that the hazards wont work at all, i've removed the switch and the fuse still blew so its not that, where is the relay for the hazards and could that be the cause of the problem ? or any other suggestions ? (its a hilux pickup)
    Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by Hilux on 24's
    Right, the other day my indicators stopped working so i checked the fuse and that had blown, anyway kept blowing them, they will work for a few minutes, meantime i've noticed that the hazards wont work at all, i've removed the switch and the fuse still blew so its not that, where is the relay for the hazards and could that be the cause of the problem ? or any other suggestions ? (its a hilux pickup)
    Any help appreciated.
    Have yo checked the cable and the indicators to make sure it is not trapped or shorting out?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I've had all indicator units out and checked as much wiring as i can see, i suppose if will have to go routeing around under the dash and check all wiring, just wondered if anybody had had the same problem and could have led me straight to it.

Comment

Check the bulbs and holders for corrosion and water ingress.

Comment

Yep done that, they all seem fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux on 24's
            Yep done that, they all seem fine.
            Have you made any mods to the truck ie tow bar? New sterio? If so start to look there. Dont know about the relay mine is in the drivers foot well and there are some under the bonnet, could also be some behind the glove box.
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

replace the relay and see if that does the trick
              I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Working...
              X