Fog Light Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John

Have to admit that I didn't go the bad boy 4x4 spots. As I wanted them to fit inside the 3rd gen nudge bar, each side of the square numberplate, I got a set of Rin spots from local factors, cost £15.99 & cam complete with wiring/relay/switch (which is $$$$!) and full instructions

ta

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by John h
      Bushwhacker,
      I can't believe you posted that ?

looking back at all the times you have 'helped someone' you should have lost count by now !

Keep up the good work , this site is built on all you knowledgable guys that keeps us lesser mortals from doing something stupid (and costly)

Comment

Bullseye

Originally posted by Hawaii
        John

Have to admit that I didn't go the bad boy 4x4 spots. As I wanted them to fit inside the 3rd gen nudge bar, each side of the square numberplate, I got a set of Rin spots from local factors, cost £15.99 & cam complete with wiring/relay/switch (which is $$$$!) and full instructions

ta

hawaii
        I'll nip into Bentley and have a look at Bullseye and see wot he's got. many thanks yet again
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Bushwhacker,
          I can't believe you posted that ?

looking back at all the times you have 'helped someone' you should have lost count by now !

Keep up the good work , this site is built on all you knowledgable guys that keeps us lesser mortals from doing something stupid (and costly)
          couldn't agree more
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I'll nip into Bentley and have a look at Bullseye and see wot he's got. many thanks yet again

You've got a Bentley????

Comment

Bentley ?????????

Bentley ?

I wish ! on second thoughts no I prefer 4x4s, my sister is the one with the Hummer ,$$$$$$ awful thing.

Bullseye are a small car accessory firm round south yorkshire and do some good deals if you have cash! and Bentley is next to my home village. the guys were very usefull on sunday mornings for plugs and filters and stuff in emergencys

Comment

Angel Eye Spots

Hi Guys ,has anyone fitted the Angel Eye spots from Roughtrax ?if so any good ?

Comment

Money Burning hole in pocket !

Anyone ?
                  They look good on the web-site, but are they the real deal ?

Comment

Anyone ?
                    They look good on the web-site, but are they the real deal ?
                    They look almost exactly the same as the ones I got off Ebay last week.
                    The guy is selling a lot of them, and they look very sturdy. You just have to change the 24V H3 bulbs for 12V ones (cheap as chips on ebay)

Here is a link to the seller's auctions

Ebay Auction

Might save you a few bob!
                    Just Vegging Out

Comment

Thanx

Nice one mate !

Works out a fair bit cheaper, now wait for the screams of derision when I can't fit them !I bet Hawaii will lay low next week when I'm throwin spanners round the garden Off to the east coast this weekend hopefully lights be home by monday !

thanx again mate

Comment

Nice one mate !

Works out a fair bit cheaper, now wait for the screams of derision when I can't fit them !I bet Hawaii will lay low next week when I'm throwin spanners round the garden Off to the east coast this weekend hopefully lights be home by monday !

thanx again mate
                        I'm hopefully fitting mine this weekend. Already got them mounted on the A-bar, just gotta do the wiring now.

If you have any problems fitting yours, give me a shout as I will have probably had the same problem. I'm not the best Auto Electrician, so it's a bit trial and error. Usually get there in the end though. And there's always a helping hand here on the Forum!!

Good Luck
                        Dave
                        Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoffmeister
                          I'm hopefully fitting mine this weekend. Already got them mounted on the A-bar, just gotta do the wiring now.

If you have any problems fitting yours, give me a shout as I will have probably had the same problem. I'm not the best Auto Electrician, so it's a bit trial and error. Usually get there in the end though. And there's always a helping hand here on the Forum!!

Good Luck
                          Dave
                          You Might regret that offer ?!

are you using a specialy made loom ?

cheers

John the Surfnumpty

Comment

would just like to report a miracle...

...today i finally got around to wiring the spots (they came with the bullbar i got in mid january, so didn't even know if they worked). i got a little switch from halfords, found the wire in the shed, found the right connectors without a 2 hour search and decided where the switch was going to go, took a deep breath and steamed into it.

1 hour 30mins later(don't laugh-normally takes me half hour just to change a bulb!), job done. nothing broken. nothing left over. nothing loose. i even tied up the wires.

flicked the switch and there was light!!!

PLUS i did not swear, throw any tools, cry, look to the sky OR blame 'helpful' neighbours for anything...not even once (well, apart fom the neccesary 'f**k me' exclaimation of surprise when the job was done).

tommorrow...the electric windows get examined...me thinks this will go a little differently?!?............
                            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

You Might regret that offer ?!

are you using a specialy made loom ?

cheers

John the Surfnumpty

Yeah, I was going to get all the parts from Maplins i.e switch, relay, wires, etc. but then I found a ready made loom at a little auto parts shop round my way.

Probably cost a little more, but it came with instructions which is always a good thing! If you're not in a huge rush, I could catalogue all the parts I use, and list them in this thread?

Dave
                              Just Vegging Out

Comment

I will wait patiently honest !?

I'm not as adventurous as you guys and will have to limber up first, I nearly bought that ready made loom from roughtrax, but shyed off when I saw how much I could save on the lamps.

With me having a 3rd Gen I have a kind of cover on the front ,is it covering a standard black A Bar ? and can you get replacement covers etc ?

Surfnumpty strikes again !

Comment

Working...
                                X