Must be the time of year, rear windows again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be the time of year, rear windows again

Another rear window problem, goes up and down on the internal switch but wont work either on the external switch or on my alarm keyfob.
    Checked all the fuses (including by accellerator)
    Have also lost rear window demister and rear door open warning light on dash, rear wiper works ok.
    I have got the wiring diagram http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...ar_window1.jpg but
    cannot make out the wiring colours or connection numbers into the control box as the scan is not too great.
    It would appear that I have lost the unswitched supply to the control box but without knowing which wire it goes in on I can't trace back to the source.
    I can hear the relay click when I use my keyfob but seems to be no voltage to operate the motor.
    Anyone who can view the diagram know what the symbol to the top left of the diagram is the other two are fuses but I don't recognise that one.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

What nobody!!!!!

Paul

Comment

There's probably a break in the wires that go from the body into the tailgate.
      You'll need to get the tailgate open to check though!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        There's probably a break in the wires that go from the body into the tailgate.
        You'll need to get the tailgate open to check though!

Opening tailgates no problem as it operates fine from the internal switch, it's the key operated switch that don't work, along with the keyfob.

Anyone know which is the fuse for the rear demister???

Paul

Comment

On the back of the key switch, I think there is a micro switch that can sometimes stick, maybe it's that that's causing the problem?

Comment

See here for the demister problem...http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Vince but i'm pretty sure that the problem is the supply that goes into the control unit via the device in the top left hand corner of the wiring diagram.
              The demister was working ok until this fault developed also the indicator light on the dash.
              Also it isn't likely to be a problem with the keyswitch as it won't work off my alarm fob.
              I really need a better copy of the diagram so that I can trace the supply I don't know where it was scanned from but I would happily buy it whatever it was.
              Cheers

Paul

Comment

Don't you just hate it when this happens !!!!!!!!

Finally got the time to have look and see what the problem is with the back window, Checked for the supply to the relay control box (white wire with red tracer)and found ok right up to rear, removed relay box and stripped down to see if anything obvious but all seemed ok.
                Reasembled control unit and thought i'd try it and see which relays operated.
                Pressed up button on my keyfob and the bl@@dy thing operated.
                I'd much rather have found and fixed a problem but now got to start putting my car back together without finding the cause, whats the betting that as soon as I get it all back together the dam thing conks again. .
                Last edited by paulh; 29 March 2006, 17:47.

Paul

Comment

[QUOTE whats the betting that as soon as I get it all back together the dam thing conks again. .[/QUOTE]

Yippeee all back together and still working, must have been just one of those things.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X