Windows,radio,clock,interior lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows,radio,clock,interior lights not working

I have had an intermitent drivers window for some time but havent been to worrid till now. After getting stuck open yesterday it now seems that all my windows dont open or the rear window and the clock and stereo have gone along with the interior lights.
    I would imagine this to be a fuse or 3 but have looked in all the normal places (drivers footwell, under bonnet) but all seems to be fine.

Any advice before it starts raining
    Kite Surf

Bit of a long shot, but I suppose the window problem could be a dodgy window lock switch?
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Check the DOME fuse in engine bay fuse box.

Nev

Comment

Checked the DOME fuse and it was blown, put a replacement in and it blew it straight away. What could this be?
        Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
          Checked the DOME fuse and it was blown, put a replacement in and it blew it straight away. What could this be?
          Sounds as if yoou've got a 'short'. First place to look would probably be on the power window where you first noticed a problem......
          Cheers
          Trev D.

Comment

A short circuit?

Ahem, It may have something to do with the flexy rubber conduit that goes from the frame to the drivers door, as you said you had an intermitant fault with your drivers window. There maybe a broken wire or two in there thats causing a 'short'.
            A few owners have had problems with broken wires in there, it's due to the constant opening and closing action of the door over the years.

Comment

You will need to make sure everything controled by the dome fuse is switched off then replace the fuse. If it does not blow then test one thing at a time to see which blows the fuse and go from there.

Nev

Comment

Come to think of it the window never works with the door open and when i hold the button down and close the door it starts to work. I will be ripping it all out and investigating .
                Kite Surf

Comment

I managed to get the clock, interior lights and stereo back online. The windows is still a problem
                  Had the door panel off so i could pull the rubber loom protector down and investigate. Inside there around 20 wires. Also there were 6 cut ends of wires going towards the truck and 2 cut wires going out to the door. The 2 wires coming from the door matched 2 of the wires coming from the truck. I attached them but nothing. The electric mirrors have also gone which makes me think its not just a short but a fuse elsewhere, or perhaps a relay???

Any ideas would be great.
                  Kite Surf

Comment

Hello? Anyone got the door wiring diagram? cause the Red/yellow + Red/White are snapped.
                    Kite Surf

Comment

Hellooooo
                      Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
                      X