head light (globe) bulb replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head light (globe) bulb replacement?

How hard or easy is it to change the head light bulb?
    I do a lot of night driving ( courtesy of a night job !!!!! duh)
    thanx for sensible info!. Last post got some reeeeeeaaaaallllll dopey
    answers! Like the crackl but not the crackley when in desparation
    hee haw!. O h yeah why when somebody posts it is repeated on the next post and the next post etc etc etc .
    Quick aside can anyone point me in the direction of loading upgrade XP Windows over Windows ME cause I am having maximus grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to remove the batterys to change the headlight bulbs. I changed both bulbs 2 weeks ago and it took me about 30 mins. On the passenger side you have to remove the expansion bottle and air intake. The air intake is bolted to the front crossmember and the inner wing. It's easy to do, but if the weather is bad and you've no garage it's a pain in the rear. I wouldn't advise loading XP over ME. If you've got grief now, it will be worse. The best way is to wipe the drive and then load XP, so I've been told. Things get repeated in posts when you click the 'Quote' tab when replying.
    Pete

Comment

XP pete is correct heading for trouble upgrading. you cant put xp full version over me either
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marticogo
        How hard or easy is it to change the head light bulb?
        I do a lot of night driving ( courtesy of a night job !!!!! duh)
        thanx for sensible info!. Last post got some reeeeeeaaaaallllll dopey
        answers! Like the crackl but not the crackley when in desparation
        hee haw!. O h yeah why when somebody posts it is repeated on the next post and the next post etc etc etc .
        Quick aside can anyone point me in the direction of loading upgrade XP Windows over Windows ME cause I am having maximus grief!!!!!!!!!!!!
        As others have said - Don't. Wipe the hard drive and load a new install you won't regret it. You get a different file system structure with a full new XP install than you do with an upgrade. I did this with Win 98 and regretted it so I reloaded. Upgrade was just as unreliable as Win 98 SE whereas the full install is bombproof - I'm now running it as a web development server with Apache etc etc on it and it never breaks.

Cheers

Comment

xp and bulbs

thanx for all advice, will try bulb change before xmas.
          Anyone want to buy an XP upgrade?????!!!!!!

Comment

With some careful knuckle scraping you can just loosen the batteries (Remove brackets) and the bottles to get the new bulbs in.

Rich.
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by marticogo
              thanx for all advice, will try bulb change before xmas.
              Anyone want to buy an XP upgrade?????!!!!!!
              You can still use the upgrade software to do a full clean install. You just have to specify as such. The only difference between the upgrade disc and the full disc is that the upgrade one searches for a valid licenced version of Windows 98SE or later. You can even use it if you have a disc but it's not installed (thats how I did mine - I did a full reformat of my disc, loaded up my 98SE boot disc so that it would read the CD drive and then did a clean install of XP. I just had to insert my 98SE distribution CD in the other CD drive for it to see that I could validly use the upgrade version of XP.

Go on, use XP it's streets ahead of ME - full NTFS disc support, and now they've got the patches loaded it's pretty secure (just keep the virus definitions up to date if you have a virus checker (and if you don't - get one).

My installation of XP has only crashed twice in 18 months and I really push it to the limit on a Athlon based PC with 512MB ram, 3 Hard Disk Drives (total 140GB), 1 DVD drive, 1 CD rewriter, Wireless LAN, sharde printer, Broadband, recently built Apache Web Server software and soon to be installed LINUX partition.

Only thing better than XP is Windows 2K - basically the same as XP without the funky front end.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X