Oil warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil warning light

I've got a weird problem with the oil warning light, on a '96 3.0 UK 4runner. Once or twice it has come on and then gone off again, and it wasn't due to incorrect oil level (and the pressure was fine). This happenned once or twice a couple of years ago, and then was fine until recently. Now it has come on quite frequently (and yes, the oil level and pressure are fine). It must be some electrical fault somewhere, has anybody traced it or seen it before ? (additionally the fuel guage has always been pants, connected ?)

Ideas would be welcome...

Originally posted by turbotommy
    I've got a weird problem with the oil warning light, on a '96 3.0 UK 4runner. Once or twice it has come on and then gone off again, and it wasn't due to incorrect oil level (and the pressure was fine). This happenned once or twice a couple of years ago, and then was fine until recently. Now it has come on quite frequently (and yes, the oil level and pressure are fine). It must be some electrical fault somewhere, has anybody traced it or seen it before ? (additionally the fuel guage has always been pants, connected ?)

Ideas would be welcome...

Probably just a sticking oil pressure sender switch or even a loose wire connecting it.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
    X