• heater control not working on setting 3

heater control not working on setting 3
    do i need new resistor pack ?
    where do i buy one how do i fit it? many thanks

Originally posted by matthew coventry
    heater control not working on setting 3
    do i need new resistor pack ?
    where do i buy one how do i fit it? many thanks
    Normally No3 is OK, that should be 12V, its usually the slower speeds that pack in. But not sure.

Probably need to go to Toyota to get the resistors, unless you know your electronics and know the value of the resistors. unless any other Toyotas have the same system. The unit is attached to the blower motor casing, where the plug plugs in.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

last time jiggling worked

Originally posted by TonyN
      Normally No3 is OK, that should be 12V, its usually the slower speeds that pack in. But not sure.

Probably need to go to Toyota to get the resistors, unless you know your electronics and know the value of the resistors. unless any other Toyotas have the same system. The unit is attached to the blower motor casing, where the plug plugs in.

its not the highest one its the second highest one

Comment

Originally posted by matthew coventry
        its not the highest one its the second highest one
        ah, you have the special 4 speed fan...................

(not really, trying not to look stupid! )

Its more than likely the resistor then. Sometimes the switches play up, but giving it a wiggle normally makes to work.

Comment

if i ask at toyota will they know ?

ah, you have the special 4 speed fan...................

(not really, trying not to look stupid! )

Its more than likely the resistor then. Sometimes the switches play up, but giving it a wiggle normally makes to work.
          what do you reckon hard to change??

Comment

Nah, its behind the glove box, I think it faces out. The one I took of my breaker for Jess can out easy, but the blower unit was already loose, and I cant remember how it sat in the car. But I don't think its any bother.

Its the unit closest to the N/S of the car, the next one is the aircon unit, then the heater matrix. But I think you can get the resistors out without removing the blower unit. Look for where the loom goes into it.

Comment

Nah, its behind the glove box, I think it faces out. The one I took of my breaker for Jess can out easy, but the blower unit was already loose, and I cant remember how it sat in the car. But I don't think its any bother.

Its the unit closest to the N/S of the car, the next one is the aircon unit, then the heater matrix. But I think you can get the resistors out without removing the blower unit. Look for where the loom goes into it.
              See Intermutant Heater Fan 4th Feb 2006, Pics of it....

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

If the resistors are colour coded give us a shout and I'll read 'em for you. Just thought. If they are burnt out they might be black, in which case there will be nothing to read. Hmmmmmm!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Here's a pic of blower with motor and fan removed. Three screws to remove.

The resistor location can be seen at the bottom of pic held in by two screws. I have never seen one with electronic resistors. This one on my '92 model is a resistor block encased in ceramic. Earlier ones have the resistor wires exposed so tend to burn out easier. They are in the fan housing because resistance results in heat. The fan housing diverts some air past the resistor block for cooling. Later models with the ceramic encased resistor will not fit earlier exposed resistor models because the block is larger.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                  X