My check engine indicator comes on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My check engine indicator comes on

Hi all. Need your help guys. My CHECK indicator comes on when ever I get on the motorway and my Revolution comes to the 2X. Engine slows down and indicator comes on. When I slow down machine to below 1X revolution the indicator goes off. Then if I go on slowly rising the speed to 80 KMph then it wont come on. I have got an Hilux Surf Turbo engine 2.4 L. And am from Mauritius.
    Can somebody please help me.

Originally posted by cmariole
    Hi all. Need your help guys. My CHECK indicator comes on when ever I get on the motorway and my Revolution comes to the 2X. Engine slows down and indicator comes on. When I slow down machine to below 1X revolution the indicator goes off. Then if I go on slowly rising the speed to 80 KMph then it wont come on. I have got an Hilux Surf Turbo engine 2.4 L. And am from Mauritius.
    Can somebody please help me.
    Does it make a difference if the Turbo light comes on. It sounds like how you are saying it is that when you accelerate slowly (which probably means the turbo doesn't come in) then you are OK but if you allow the Turbo to spin up then the check engine light comes on. If this is the case then the turbo wastegate controller or sensor may be faulty because the check engine light also acts as an overboost warning cutting in at just over 11psi.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Does it make a difference if the Turbo light comes on. It sounds like how you are saying it is that when you accelerate slowly (which probably means the turbo doesn't come in) then you are OK but if you allow the Turbo to spin up then the check engine light comes on. If this is the case then the turbo wastegate controller or sensor may be faulty because the check engine light also acts as an overboost warning cutting in at just over 11psi.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
      Hi there.
      Thanks a lot for your reply, now let me check all this again about the turbo going on thing and I'll be back to you.
      Thanks again a lot.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky

Hope that helps.

Cheers
        Hi again.

First of all on my way back last night there were no problem at all, because I think that the journey home is down hill so there is no big demand on the van. Even the Turbo when started there were nothing from the check engine indicator.

Now this morning on my way to work I change the way of driving. From start to end I drive on very smoothly , accellerating smoothly etc etc. There were no sign from the Check engine indicator even though I was cruising at 80 kms and the Turbo was on.
        What I can deduce from this is, usually as soon as I get onto the motorway I give a good accelleration to give the car a good momentum then I change the gears to 4 then 5 and this is where things went wrong
        this is the exact time that the Check indicator comes on and keeps on if I keep on accellerating. It will go off only when I stop accellerating then if I do a smooth acccelleration then the Check indicator will not light up at all even turbo goes on.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cmariole
          Hi again.

First of all on my way back last night there were no problem at all, because I think that the journey home is down hill so there is no big demand on the van. Even the Turbo when started there were nothing from the check engine indicator.

Now this morning on my way to work I change the way of driving. From start to end I drive on very smoothly , accellerating smoothly etc etc. There were no sign from the Check engine indicator even though I was cruising at 80 kms and the Turbo was on.
          What I can deduce from this is, usually as soon as I get onto the motorway I give a good accelleration to give the car a good momentum then I change the gears to 4 then 5 and this is where things went wrong
          this is the exact time that the Check indicator comes on and keeps on if I keep on accellerating. It will go off only when I stop accellerating then if I do a smooth acccelleration then the Check indicator will not light up at all even turbo goes on.

Any idea what might be the problem?

The engine check light comes on when the ECU detects a fault.

This link will explain fault codes and how to check -

http://pub12.ezboard.com/ftoyotasurf...topic&index=24

Neville

Thanks

Comment

The above link goes to a private forum log in page,any ideas how to get to the fault codes etc?