heater 3rd generation (heater control) problems solved part 2 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater 3rd generation (heater control) problems solved part 2 version

A big thanks to Jimbob steele top bloke..

Now all the heater problems link themselves to many other issues raised. Jimbob direction is correct, and the facia below the steering wheel has a small grill to the left, behind this is a electrical lead, a black air/cabin temperature sensor and attached to this is a white plastic tube.

On jimbobs instructions we did all that was necessary cleaning dust from the white tube and the sensor. It still did not work. then i removed the sensor by pulling the connector off and now the heat works...........at 15c..25c.. all perfect. just to order a new sensor....

again Jimbob Steele a big big thank m8 saved a fortune

High regards

handy

wondered about the gubbins there,
    myself before now.

must have alook at the weekend
    cheers

Comment

3rd gen heater again

Has anyone got any photos of what i should be looking for? had a look the other day but got stuck at the first hurdle! finding this pipe thingy!!

Comment

Originally posted by komodo
        A big thanks to Jimbob steele top bloke..

Now all the heater problems link themselves to many other issues raised. Jimbob direction is correct, and the facia below the steering wheel has a small grill to the left, behind this is a electrical lead, a black air/cabin temperature sensor and attached to this is a white plastic tube.

On jimbobs instructions we did all that was necessary cleaning dust from the white tube and the sensor. It still did not work. then i removed the sensor by pulling the connector off and now the heat works...........at 15c..25c.. all perfect. just to order a new sensor....

again Jimbob Steele a big big thank m8 saved a fortune

High regards
        Did you get a new sensor? how much and where from cos I have given up with mine, now the aircon won't work !!!!!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
          Did you get a new sensor? how much and where from cos I have given up with mine, now the aircon won't work !!!!!

Andy

New senser (thermistor) costs £12.78 plus VAT. I got mine from main Toyota dealer. (jemca) who explained that Toyota were happy to provide a service for all Toyotas (including imports) because Toyota like to think of themselves a global company. However as its working just fine I haven,t fitted it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Treefrog166
            Has anyone got any photos of what i should be looking for? had a look the other day but got stuck at the first hurdle! finding this pipe thingy!!

Its behind the grill at your left knee. Undo 2 screws and put your hand behind the panel and there it is. A small black box attached to the pipe and an electrical connector. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
            X