Fuel Gauge stuck - 3rd Gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge stuck - 3rd Gen?

I have just reset the timing belt light behind the dash with the help of various members, many thanks for that.
    Unfortunately, although the timing belt warning light is now out, the fuel gauge needle is now stuck at nearly full.
    I have checked for loose wires/plugs and I have removed the gauges fuse in an effort to reset it, I have even tried giving it a tap.
    All to no avail.
    Any ideas out there?

Originally posted by Toxophilus
    I have just reset the timing belt light behind the dash with the help of various members, many thanks for that.
    Unfortunately, although the timing belt warning light is now out, the fuel gauge needle is now stuck at nearly full.
    I have checked for loose wires/plugs and I have removed the gauges fuse in an effort to reset it, I have even tried giving it a tap.
    All to no avail.
    Any ideas out there?
    make sure the gauge is not earthing out maybe when you pushed the reset button the gauges moved back slightly or the voltage stabilizer might have gone hope this may help
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Have you just had the dash out yesterday? You know the fuel guage level stays up with the ignition off.

Just in case you may not have noticed before, and thats just the fuel level you have ATM.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had a dream last night that my fuel gauge went down by half in 10 seconds!

Im normal... honest.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Are you sure?

Hi Tony

I got some advice, with pictures, from other members so I decided to have a go and I managed it reasonably well. I had thought the fuel needle went up and down with the ignition???

I am thinking of selling the bull bar off the front of mine but I need some parts from whoever buys it to put mine back together. Would you be prepared to do the swop over if I stipulate it in the ad?

Comment

Originally posted by Toxophilus
            Hi Tony

I got some advice, with pictures, from other members so I decided to have a go and I managed it reasonably well. I had thought the fuel needle went up and down with the ignition???

I am thinking of selling the bull bar off the front of mine but I need some parts from whoever buys it to put mine back together. Would you be prepared to do the swop over if I stipulate it in the ad?
            Hi mate, nah, the fuel needle stays when it was when the ignition was switched off.

I can do the bullbar swap for you no problemo, just let me know when.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X