need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

i,ve just gone to jeep and found both driver side indicator lights on constant i ass ume they have been on all night because batterys are flat ...could this be an immobiliser problem? anyone help.......surf 3.0ssrx diesel

Originally posted by hally
    i,ve just gone to jeep and found both driver side indicator lights on constant i ass ume they have been on all night because batterys are flat ...could this be an immobiliser problem? anyone help.......surf 3.0ssrx diesel
    Have you tried the Toyota as well as the Jeep: Sorry couldn't resist.

Do you have an alarm and/or immobiliser fitted, what year is the Surf?
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Have you tried the Toyota as well as the Jeep: Sorry couldn't resist.

Do you have an alarm and/or immobiliser fitted, what year is the Surf?
      its m regd and i had a gemini alarm system fitted last year(12 mths ago) when i bought it....just lately it has also been clicking from under the bonnet when i come to start it.

Comment

its m regd and i had a gemini alarm system fitted last year(12 mths ago) when i bought it....just lately it has also been clicking from under the bonnet when i come to start it.
        how would i go about disconnecting the immobiliser and where are they normally located???

Comment

Did you get a key with the alarm? Normally alarms can be disabled by a keyswitch directly in the alarm module, or using a coded transponder type device pressed against its recieved within the cabin of the vehicle. As to where the alarm unit or device is within the vehicle, could be bearly anywhere. These items locations will be decieded by the guy doing the fitting, and so can vary.
          Maurice

Comment

Did you get a key with the alarm? Normally alarms can be disabled by a keyswitch directly in the alarm module, or using a coded transponder type device pressed against its recieved within the cabin of the vehicle. As to where the alarm unit or device is within the vehicle, could be bearly anywhere. These items locations will be decieded by the guy doing the fitting, and so can vary.
            no key as such but i do have a small black fob type thing with 2 tiny electrode points on it that plugs into a tiny socket on the dash with a small red light above it

Comment

no key as such but i do have a small black fob type thing with 2 tiny electrode points on it that plugs into a tiny socket on the dash with a small red light above it
              That sounds like the jobbie you need. It varies with different alarms, but normally if you hold it pressed against the socket for a second or so, it should turn off the alarm/immobiliser system completely. If your batteries are completely flat, you'll obviously need a bit of a recharge to provide the power to this circuit to enable deactivation.
              Maurice

Comment

That sounds like the jobbie you need. It varies with different alarms, but normally if you hold it pressed against the socket for a second or so, it should turn off the alarm/immobiliser system completely. If your batteries are completely flat, you'll obviously need a bit of a recharge to provide the power to this circuit to enable deactivation.
                thanks for the info..power pack is on charge as i write

Comment

A few questions first.
                  Wehn you arm the alarm does it normally flash the indicators?
                  Do the indicators work normally, left, right turn?
                  Does the hazard switch flash all together?

I ask as it could be a problem with your flasher unit, and may not be related to the imobiliser at all.
                  Simon.O.
                  '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                  X