X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New front speakers a must...

I bought some of these of the bay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

..and got round to fitting them today. I used the instructions found on clodlords site here:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash2.htm

WOW!!!! what a difference, sounds quite good for a 4x4 setup much better than my old felas frontera. The original speaker's cones, had actually rotted, also the original speakers were fited to some plastic enclosures that were ported to improve the base, so i left these in and fitted the alpine's to them.

Even more reasons to grin now while divin in mi surf.....

Stereo swap next. When i will sort out the rear speaker issue which only work when the areial is up, blue/white wire swap i beileve. interestingly the rear speakers still sound OK, dont know why the front pair had rotted, makes me think perhaps i should change the rears anyway, belts and braces an all?

Thanks after reading this you prompted me to do something about the Landcruiser double din sat under the computer desk........

so now have the Landcruiser double din fitted, and new front and rear Alpine speakers.......

plus
    leather steering wheel
    crystalite front indicators
    crystalite headlights

and the 4 crawler loom upgrade......all i originally wanted to do was fix the heater matrix
    Mat..

All things Lexus...ask moi

Comment

Hi Mate, Just done this myself, Managed to get a pair of 150watt's in there with a little alteration, The originals are smaller and compleatly $hagged,
      cones just crumbled when touched, Ihad to dump the base boxes as the new
      ones wouldnt fit, Once i get the dash sorted and back together i'll start on the back, It'll be nice to have some decent sounds in it after radio 2 and my
      three Kevin Bl00dy Wilson cassetts, About the only cassetts i kept, Ian
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X