rear window problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window problems

Hi folks,I've just decided to give my surf's rear window mech a good greasing, everything was working perfectly before I applied the grease and now the window flys up like a good un but when I tried to lower the glass, motor spins (buzzzz) but glass stays still ,untill gently pushed and then drops as it should.I've searched the threads etc ,but is it something I've done, greased the wrong parts maybe,I really am scratching my head here as its work fine for the last 2 years,or is it just coincidental that it was due to break as soon as I touched it,spooky or what?, the thing is my partner is a pet sitter by trade and needs access to the boot area inorder to put her canine friends in,I did sugest that maybe she could walk them back from our home to her clients home,the answer I got was a slap followed by "Fix it",so if this ain't fixed ASAP I'll probably be doing a lot of dog walking.Help,please.

Sounds like its mechanical to me mate. Stripped cog or part of the toothed pressing maybe? or just a bent pressing preventing meshing of parts. there is no clutch as far as I am aware so it has to be a meshing of the mechanics thing for my money. whip the carpeted cover off and have an assistent operate it from inside while you observe whats going on (for **** sake DONT get your fingers in the way of the mechanism or you will wish you had never seen the car!!!!!!!!!!1
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
    X