dodgy fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodgy fuel gauge

Has anyone got the wiring diag for a 3l diesel surf relavant to the fuel gauge.

Mine always reads nearly or totaly full, however the warning light still works when it should (toyota are amazing)!

Sender or dash? If its the sender, that would suggest that there are two in the tank otherwise the warn would not work? I have a nasty feeling it is the dash..... Oh how I hate taking dashes out.

I tried taking the dash out once before but gave up as it was to much of a fag to cure a rattle.

Wez

Yep!

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...entcluster.jpg

Edit: Most fuel gauges work so that when the resistance to ground is zero then the guage will either be completely full or completely empty. If you short the YR (Yellow Red) wire to ground and the meter goes to one end or another then the meter is OK and the sender unit is faulty. If it doesnt then the gauge is knacked.

Check the connection at the sender unit this is the most likely to get damaged and when you do the ground test try it at both ends of the wire as there may be a fault with it.
    Last edited by rich; 10 December 2003, 00:45.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for that I will go and have a look in a min. Interesting the way the low fuel works. I guess its a connection, fingers crossed, on the YR lead.

Good choice of car colour BTW.

You just need a big winch on the front a la :
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X