X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed sensor wire

hi all
    hope i am posting in the right place.
    I have a gps sat nav to fit to my 2.4td 1991 surf ,the problem is the sat nav has a speed sensor wire which needs to be grafted into my surf`s speed sensor wire anyone know if my surf has one if so where can it be found ?
    thanks

Dunno what kind of sat nav you have mate but by virtue of the fact that it is a sat nav oughta know your speed as soon as you are on the roll.

I use the very expensive Renault factory fit DVD nav system in my top of the range laguna which is a factory fit but I also use Tom Tom on an ipaq in the surf and this displays speed for you.

Give me more info and I will ask an auto electrician mate of mine. He works on surfs so could poss help you.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

speed sensor wire

ok let me explain a feed from the speed sensor wire or speed pulse wire as it is also called i am sure that your

Renault factory fit DVD nav system has one .by conecting this speed sensor wire the sat nav system calculats the cars position to the meter,
      I did find this on a web site but don`t know if it refers to surf 2.4 3.0 &what year?

The speed pulse wires are right there on the back of the speedo.

If it's rev 2 or later, it's the top left of the screws that hold the speedo into the instrument cluster. This is a 12v signal. Top right screw is a 5v to the ECU signal.

On the rev 1 it's the bottom of the two screws to the right of where the speedo cable goes into the unit. This is 5v IIRC,.
      maybe you can ask your auto sparky for me

Comment

Here you go, the power of the search button

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15949
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

thanks

thankyou very much for poniting me in the right direction

Comment

Working...
          X