intermittent rcl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermittent rcl

hi guys, bit of help and know how if ya could please.
    had remote central locking alarm and immobiliser fitted in hull just before i moved to spain and all has worked well so far. fitted at RAM (reputable installer) and was fitted without having to install secondary motor as they used original c/l module fitted under drivers seat.
    unfotunately the rcl has started to play up when trying to open the car. alarm works no problem and it always locks with remote no prob`s. it just sometimes wont unlock with remote allthough it still turns the alarm off. wondered if anybody has had similar problem and could tell me where to look first. not afraid to tackle job myself but dont wanna start removing door panels or under dash panels before asking you guy`s (and gal`s).
    the car is living in spain so cant be down to weather or damp in electrics. the kit was only fitted 9 months ago but dont know the name of the alarm as i left the box in blighty (doh) but shouldnt be an issue as its the r/c/l that iffy.
    any help or advise greatly appreciated
    and a happy surfing new year to you all.
    Ian

I had the same problem with my Mondeo recently, It was a 'dry' solder joint on the battery terminals, where they are soldered to the little circuit board in the remote. I just dabbed them with the soldering iron and the remote works fine now.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

iv`e got a spare remote and not even thought of trying it as i thought it would be something different. will see how it performs over the next few days with the spare. should of thought of that really
      thanks muchly
      Ian

Comment

Doh!
        Attached Files

Comment

ariael

whilst ya on line Vince, could you tell me if you have any experience with electric ariael`s not working. got a ****py goodmans fitted that came with the truck (they cut dash to get it in, idiots) and ariael doesnt work. can pull it up manualy but it doesnt want to stay up as its quite slack. gonna fit decent head unit soon and wondered if it could be that old one just isnt connecte to the feed from back of head unit or if the slackness is a sign that the teeth or cogs have gone in motor. thanks again Vince
          Ian

Comment

Originally posted by SURFVIRGIN
            whilst ya on line Vince, could you tell me if you have any experience with electric ariael`s not working. got a ****py goodmans fitted that came with the truck (they cut dash to get it in, idiots) and ariael doesnt work. can pull it up manualy but it doesnt want to stay up as its quite slack. gonna fit decent head unit soon and wondered if it could be that old one just isnt connecte to the feed from back of head unit or if the slackness is a sign that the teeth or cogs have gone in motor. thanks again Vince
            Hi mate Vince is the boy with the attachments you need cant find mine! It
            sounds like they did'nt connect two wires together that need to be joined
            when replacing the jap radio, Theres a pin out download from install doctor
            you require showing the wire colours, Use an ISO adaptor wire set to fit to
            new stereo, Mine had the wires to be joined already joined in the ISO kit, May notmake the airael work, Mine dose'nt, Need a new one but at 80 quid it'll
            have to wait, Ian
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

The wire colours are here..........

http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

I removed my electric aerial and fitted a Mini Cooper roof aerial 'cos the electric one kept getting 'twanged' when driving along overgrown country lanes.
              Make sure your aerial is plugged in, there's a connector behind the plastic wheel arch lining front passenger side.

Comment

thanks guys, gonna pull unit out tomorrow and have a butchers, if all ok back there will look under wheel arch. thanks, Ian.
                Ian

Comment

Working...
                X