Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Central Locking

Hi Gang,

Just wondered has any one had problems with there central locking being "LAZY" mine seems to be a bit slow (bit like its owner), to the point where on occasions it does not lock one of the doors.

I have not looked at it yet so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

My beast is a 1989 2.4 SSR ltd. No alarm fitted so no remote locking fitted.

Many thanks for you thoughts.

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Mine was getting really sticky, so I just went round with WD40 into all the locks and the locking mechanism on the sides of the doors. Job done. Not sure if that would help?

Cheers

Kiwi

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi
      Mine was getting really sticky, so I just went round with WD40 into all the locks and the locking mechanism on the sides of the doors. Job done. Not sure if that would help?

Cheers

Kiwi
      Cheers Laurie

I will give that a go, in a few days as I am in lazy mode at present, a bit like the locking system!.

Regards

Paul

Comment

I had the same problem with mine. The rear o/s door would occasionally fail to lock.
        When I took the inner door trims off, to grease the electric window mechanism, I gave all the moving bits on the door locks a squirt of sewing machine oil. I am not a fan of WD40 as a lubricant as it contains graphite which can build up when the oil dries out, making matters worse in the long term. Don't use it a switch or volume control lubricant either. Can't beat it though for un-seizing things, flushing out water...... and it smells luvverly.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          I had the same problem with mine. The rear o/s door would occasionally fail to lock.
          When I took the inner door trims off, to grease the electric window mechanism, I gave all the moving bits on the door locks a squirt of sewing machine oil. I am not a fan of WD40 as a lubricant as it contains graphite which can build up when the oil dries out, making matters worse in the long term. Don't use it a switch or volume control lubricant either. Can't beat it though for un-seizing things, flushing out water...... and it smells luvverly.
          climb up a ladder and squirt it on your mate while he's in the shower!!
          turns white and takes ages to get off!! needs fairy liquid!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Squart it on slugs. It doesn't make them go faster..........I won't spoil it by telling you!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
              Hi Gang,

Just wondered has any one had problems with there central locking being "LAZY" mine seems to be a bit slow (bit like its owner), to the point where on occasions it does not lock one of the doors.

I have not looked at it yet so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

My beast is a 1989 2.4 SSR ltd. No alarm fitted so no remote locking fitted.

Many thanks for you thoughts.

Paul
              Hi Gang,

Just to prove what sort of a lazy mode I was in, I have just sorted out the problem as I got so cheesed off with having to lock the car on the inner switch!, so I thought I had better keep you informed!.

I tried the lubricating all moving parts, itworked for a while but then it stopped working totally!. So I bit the bullet and purchased a micro switch on the drivers door lock (£25.56 + the dreaded VAT). I fitted it today and HEY PRESTO it works again.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X