No announcement yet.

Optima batteries - worth the dosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean, When we're camping, I disconnect one of the batterys and run the fridge and other stuff off one battery, then reconnect the second one in the morning if I need to start the engine.

Comment

Good point da SLUG man... isolate the batteries... so the starter only starts the truck... and remains isolated until required...

Another option Codlord, is to replace all your internal lights with the LED buld replacements, reduced wattage... and reduced current draw... the majority of the circuits aren't wattage dependant... so you could get away with that...

And the National Lumina / ARB camp light options... will also draw less current that the internal lights... and provide more luminance....

Comment

Or you could get a device called PriorityStart. It connects to your battery, and disconnects the power when the voltage drops to 11.5v. It then reconnects when you turn on your ignition, leaving enough juice in the battery to start the engine. I'm planning on getting one when I get my truck back, as I've got a few items taking constant drain, which doesn't normally give me any trouble as I normally use it daily, but TonyN's had to jump her recently, she had been stood at his local B&B for a fortnight tho.
        Locking into it, it appears to be cheaper to order from accross the pond even with import fees (VAT).
        Try here for info on PriorityStart www.prioritystart.com. Also LED bulbs appear alot cheaper from the other side of the water, thinking of replacing all my bulbs from here www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
        X