Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side lights causing autobox problem

HELP!!!
    Anyone had problems with the auto gear box, when I put the side lights on the auto box comes out of top gear and when I turn them off it goes back in to top "so can only drive in day light" I realise there must be a short but just asking if anyone has had problems like this before to point me in the right direction
    Cheers
    Dave

Originally posted by kellysmadhouse
    HELP!!!
    Anyone had problems with the auto gear box, when I put the side lights on the auto box comes out of top gear and when I turn them off it goes back in to top "so can only drive in day light" I realise there must be a short but just asking if anyone has had problems like this before to point me in the right direction
    Cheers
    Dave
    Dave.

I would first check a couple of things.

1. The Batteries are good and the alternator is delivering full charge.
    2. That the earth for the lights is good.

I acan;t think that there would be a short as the cables for the lights don't come together in the loom anywhere as far as I know.

Bad earth can cause all of these funny things, lights coming on with wipers, indicators flashing when you put the headlights on etc etc..

Cheers

Comment

side lights causing autobox problem

Great!!!!
      Found out the L.E.D stop & tail bulbs caused a relay to burn out which in turn was causing a short so changed relay and dumped the L.E.D bulbs
      Cheers for your help
      Dave

Comment

mine drops its top gear(revs increase by 500 rpm) when i lightly put the brakes on(brake lights on but not hard enough for the pads to grip)is this supposed to happen to assist engine breaking or is it a fault as my rover auto(shed) doesnt do it
        john
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
        X