Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Locking?

Hello All,

Could anyone tell me where the fuse/relay is located for the central locking? Mine stopped working today, assuming it will just be a blown fuse(Hopefully), It was dark, had a quick look under the bonnet, but nothing marked up in that fuse box. I will have a search for it in the morning, but if anyone knows where it is located and can save me a little time it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Martin
    [FONT=Impact]I couldn't repair your brakes sir, so

The door locks are on the same fuse as the gauges, glowplugs, and windows, so if these are still working, then I'm afraid it ain't your fuse...

Dunno where the relay is.
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      The door locks are on the same fuse as the gauges, glowplugs, and windows, so if these are still working, then I'm afraid it ain't your fuse...

Dunno where the relay is.
      So they are all operated via the 80A fuse under the bonnet?
      I'll check the gauges etc...

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by tagmnbagm
        So they are all operated via the 80A fuse under the bonnet?
        I'll check the gauges etc...

Cheers.
        According to my handbook, it's a 10A fuse in the fuse box by the drivers feet. I guess it's the control for the glow plugs, rather than supply to them!

Dave
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
          According to my handbook, it's a 10A fuse in the fuse box by the drivers feet. I guess it's the control for the glow plugs, rather than supply to them!

Dave
          Thanks for that. However on further investigation this morning, seems like the central locking is working when I unlock the vehicle, but when I lokck, on the drivers door is actually locking. I think this means the problem lies elsewhere????

Comment

I am not familiar with the central locking on Surfs , but the ones I have worked on with other vehicles have a master control operated by the drivers door barrel which sends a live feed to the control unit to open and close the other doors . You may find the wire from the switch on the back of the drivers door barrel has a break in it usually where the cables pass through from the door to the A post .

Hope this helps .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              I am not familiar with the central locking on Surfs , but the ones I have worked on with other vehicles have a master control operated by the drivers door barrel which sends a live feed to the control unit to open and close the other doors . You may find the wire from the switch on the back of the drivers door barrel has a break in it usually where the cables pass through from the door to the A post .

Hope this helps .
              Thanks. However, further investigation this afternoon led to the source of the problem. Earlier in the week my Wood trim Dash kit arrived from the USA(Titanium Burl wood) I proceded to fit it that afternoon(and very nice it looks too) The trim piece that fits around the drivers door control panel was alittle tight, and it had made the door lock switch half engage. Freed it off and problem sorted. Doh, how stupid do I feel! Anyway, thanks to all who provided undoubtadly useful advice for future reference.

Comment

Working...
              X