Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help, should i still buy?

hi all
    ive just bought mt first surf, a gen 3 ssrg (7 grand) i pick it up from the garage on friday. they have put a full mot on it and then phoned me to say the only thing wrong with it is the over drive light on the dash dosen work and that they tried the bulb and it wasnt that.they then said it wasnt cost affective to get an auto elecy out to fix it. do i still want the car?.i said i did as it is a minter. now that ive read the threads on this site i susspect it has been disconected to hide a faulty gear box as it can no longer flash.

what should i do coz i got a great deal on my knackerd mondeo as a part ex.
    my be i could get the light fixed and they sould then fix the box under warrenty. or should i sack it of and buy elswere
    cheers sherlock

Hi mate

Probaly won't be the last to say but there are loads to choose from so might be best to walk, not familar with this prob but if in doubt go find another as mentioned plenty of minters out there see for sale section on here.

Steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by sherlock
      hi all
      ive just bought mt first surf, a gen 3 ssrg (7 grand) i pick it up from the garage on friday. they have put a full mot on it and then phoned me to say the only thing wrong with it is the over drive light on the dash dosen work and that they tried the bulb and it wasnt that.they then said it wasnt cost affective to get an auto elecy out to fix it. do i still want the car?.i said i did as it is a minter. now that ive read the threads on this site i susspect it has been disconected to hide a faulty gear box as it can no longer flash.

what should i do coz i got a great deal on my knackerd mondeo as a part ex.
      my be i could get the light fixed and they sould then fix the box under warrenty. or should i sack it of and buy elswere
      cheers sherlock
      Hi,
      I agree, something doesnt sound kosher...did it (the light / the overdrive) work when you road tested it ? Why are they highlighting this ? It's not part of any test procedure MOT wise...If it aint the bulb, a continuity check would test any wiring snag..and a road test would tell you whether or not the overdrive was operational...OK the light is "very handy" if not a must have, but can be sorted easier than gearbox....Here comes someone else's opinion....Gud Luk, hope you get the car and it turns out as you say "a minter"..

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
        Hi,
        I agree, something doesnt sound kosher...did it (the light / the overdrive) work when you road tested it ? Why are they highlighting this ? It's not part of any test procedure MOT wise...If it aint the bulb, a continuity check would test any wiring snag..and a road test would tell you whether or not the overdrive was operational...OK the light is "very handy" if not a must have, but can be sorted easier than gearbox....Here comes someone else's opinion....Gud Luk, hope you get the car and it turns out as you say "a minter"..

Peter
        thanks for that, the overdrive worked fine on road test but if i get the light working i think it would flash to say thrers a fault, poss a slow solenoid in the box.

Comment

it just comes on when the OD is switched off...
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X