Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing heater matrix (LN130)

Hi,

I need to change the heater matrix on an LN130. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram which will help with the replacement.

Many thanks

Originally posted by Mergy
    Hi,

I need to change the heater matrix on an LN130. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram which will help with the replacement.

Many thanks
    Hi,
    I'm just about to do the same. Did you ever find any info?
    Thanks
    Fraser
    moshihus

Comment

i need mine doing too....
      basically its the entire dash out (Tony says take the wheel off too as it will help). I think then its sandwiched between some other bits behind the glovebox.
      I cant remember exactly its been a while since I spoke about it.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by moshihus
        Hi,
        I'm just about to do the same. Did you ever find any info?
        Thanks
        Fraser
        moshihus
        Hi,
        I am gonna ask this only once....Have you got a seriously leaking matrix (core ) which necessitates a complete removal /replacement ? If you only got a blockage try reverse flushing the core by draining down the system (two drains (a) radiator (b) engine block n/side, then disconnecting the matrix hoses in the engine bay and reverse flushing if necessary using a proprietory brand cleaner and letting this activate then flushing well out... this is infinately more a two hour job than your proposal which could take five hours - I know - having done about six over many years - every one I remember well - cursed them all !

Complete refit does mean steering wheel off and dash out....and wondering if they have sent you the correct replacement core....gud luk

Comment

[QUOTE=dirtydogI think then its sandwiched between some other bits behind the glovebox.[/QUOTE]

It's above transmission tunnel in behind lower centre of dash.I have all the Air Con and Vent System out of mine at the moment because when I removed the Blower Fan I discovered the Pressure Switch in Air Con Evaporator had a slight leak.All this and more has to be removed before you an remove the Heater Matrix.I'm not removing mine as I only need to fix Air Con and replace all the rotten foam seals.It's a huge job so have fun.Be carefull with all the Vent System as there is some difficult to remove plastic parts which clip together and require care when removing or they will break.There is also lots of wiring and a couple of electric motors which operate the vent system so all these should be checked for proper operation while apart.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
            It's above transmission tunnel in behind lower centre of dash.I have all the Air Con and Vent System out of mine at the moment because when I removed the Blower Fan I discovered the Pressure Switch in Air Con Evaporator had a slight leak.All this and more has to be removed before you an remove the Heater Matrix.I'm not removing mine as I only need to fix Air Con and replace all the rotten foam seals.It's a huge job so have fun.Be carefull with all the Vent System as there is some difficult to remove plastic parts which clip together and require care when removing or they will break.There is also lots of wiring and a couple of electric motors which operate the vent system so all these should be checked for proper operation while apart.

Neville
            Cheers mate, my vents are all stuck but the motors still go so they need to be sorted, i have managed to move them to the screen manually. Im renting Tony to help do mine so any bits im not sure about he gets to do!
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

heater matrix

Originally posted by Mergy
              Hi,

Many thanks
              Hi,
              Did you manage toget the matrix replaced? Just done mine and the main problem was the hoses thru the bulkhead. Had to cut the buggers to get them off and had a problem getting replacements. Found my local Pirtek Hydralic Hose store had some really nice silicone hose (16mm) and this worked perfectly - it's rated up to 150 deg C so should last a while!
              Just noticed your post so if you need any advice email me at moshihus@sol.co.uk.
              Cheers
              Fraser

Comment

Originally posted by moshihus
                Hi,
                Did you manage toget the matrix replaced? Just done mine and the main problem was the hoses thru the bulkhead. Had to cut the buggers to get them off and had a problem getting replacements. Found my local Pirtek Hydralic Hose store had some really nice silicone hose (16mm) and this worked perfectly - it's rated up to 150 deg C so should last a while!
                Just noticed your post so if you need any advice email me at moshihus@sol.co.uk.
                Cheers
                Fraser

I did manage to have it replaced. I used a local mechanic to do the work. The matrix was purchased for £85.00 from Tokyo Auto Spares and cost £50.00 in labour. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                X