Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Plug Fuse

Hi Lads/Lasses

Does anyone know how to change the glow plug fuse?

I've got the fuse box unbolted from the car and I've tugged, pulled and heaved on the bloody thing and it won't budge. I can't seem to separate the main fuse box body with the cover that seems to snap on underneath either.

I think the fuse may have blown but I can't get it out to check it. Any help gratefully received.

the fuse is bolted in from underneath the fuse box, you need to unbolt the box from the wing, then spin it around to get to the bolt. The looms are a PITA cos they are tight to the box and its hard to move it.

you can test the fuse with it in place, pull the plastic cover of the top and check with a test light on both sides of the fuse.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      the fuse is bolted in from underneath the fuse box, you need to unbolt the box from the wing, then spin it around to get to the bolt. The looms are a PITA cos they are tight to the box and its hard to move it.

you can test the fuse with it in place, pull the plastic cover of the top and check with a test light on both sides of the fuse.

One word of warning, one side of the fuse is obviously live, so be careful when you unbolt this terminal not to touch it on anything else, unless you disconnect the battery/s first.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Glow plug fuse

Well after a bit of tugging I got it and managed to get the thing unbolted. Sure enough, it had blown - see my thread on replacing the glow plugs - it's all to do with spacers!!

Thanks for all the advice - I have placed my order for the new fuse with Milners. Meanwhile, my piece of copper wire seems to do the trick - excellent start this cold morning.

Rob

Comment

Working...
        X