Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo/speakers

hi guys n girls,

when i brought my surf the previous owner had replaced the original stereo equipment..i now have a ****** big gap underneath the new stereo is there something out there that will fit this gap??.also i would like to upgrade the speaker system, can anybody through any light on this aswell.. any replies much appreciated.

nige

Hi nige,

I've had a surf that had a single din radio along with, for want of a better description, a plastic slot.

Re the speakers, be careful with the rear ones - you should find that they're wired up to factory fitted amps. If you wire directly from the radio to the speakers you'll lose the benefit of the amps, which I believe are fitted as standard. No doubt I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

The other thing to do is have a good search on the forum, there's bound to be stacks of info on this subject. Try searching for speakers and ICE etc.

Incidentally, I'm re-living my teenage years (possible a mid life crisis) and have roof mounted (inside of course) a pair of tube sub-woofers (powered by an 1800watt amp).

Hope that helps,

Rob
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Originally posted by nige-s
      hi guys n girls,

when i brought my surf the previous owner had replaced the original stereo equipment..i now have a ****** big gap underneath the new stereo is there something out there that will fit this gap??.also i would like to upgrade the speaker system, can anybody through any light on this aswell.. any replies much appreciated.

nige
      You need a single Din pocket available from HALFRAUDS
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfCub
        Re the speakers, be careful with the rear ones - you should find that they're wired up to factory fitted amps. If you wire directly from the radio to the speakers you'll lose the benefit of the amps,

Incidentally, I'm re-living my teenage years (possible a mid life crisis) and have roof mounted (inside of course) a pair of tube sub-woofers (powered by an 1800watt amp).
        the amps won't be any benefit as a good qaulity head unit will have a better amp already and unless you go for components then you won't need a crossover

subs are better in the boot floor as bass sounds are not directional likehigh frequency sounds
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X