1 Battery Losing Charge , Alternator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Battery Losing Charge , Alternator?

Hi i am having trouble as my battery keeps on draining and having no charge ( the battery is on the right as you are looking at the engine) and it doesnt seem to affect the left side battery!!!!
    I have bought a new battery and 2 days later no charge in that either, is this the wiring between said battery and alternator, or an obscure electrical problem or an alternator problem?
    There doesnt seem to be anything left on or fuses blown and as it only affects the right side battery i am now stuck

1992 2.4td
    ps if anybody can advise me where to get TONY's number as we keep e-mailing and then im sure my spam filter stops any more mail from him and it is a pain i hate hotmail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/garage/contact.html
    http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/garage/

here's tonys web site with contact info...

they're going on holiday in the next few days though
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sounds like you have a split charge system...

If one battery was flat, normally that would drag the other battery down, as they are 'normally' wired in parallel, for those with the 'winter' pack.

If the split charge relay/solenoid is stuck in one position, then both (independant) batteries don't pair up when ignition on, and so one will eventually go flat... and never being plugged into the alternator... never get charged...

Relays can fail in this function as there is considerable charge moving across the contacts... and they can fuse open or closed...

Comment

andylala

where would i check this relay/ fuse many thanks if you can help

Comment

Chase the wire connecting the positives on each battery together. There should be a relay/solenoid in between (to interrupt the connection).

Comment

Working...
          X