Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese remote start device illegal?

Folks,
    Been thinking! I removed the remote start / turbo timer unit from the Surf for the SVA. I understand the law says its illegal to leave a running vehicle unsupervised.

I presume also that the radio frequency the device uses 426.0750MHz may also be illegal if that frequency is already reserved in the UK?

Rgds

Ant
    1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
    Mazda Rotaries too!

Originally posted by db2boy
    Folks,
    Been thinking! I removed the remote start / turbo timer unit from the Surf for the SVA. I understand the law says its illegal to leave a running vehicle unsupervised.

I presume also that the radio frequency the device uses 426.0750MHz may also be illegal if that frequency is already reserved in the UK?

Rgds

Ant
    gaze in most importers deskdrawers, and you'll see loads of OE i.c.e equipment.
    A friend tells me this kit is excellent and most could be utilised here with band expanders...what's you take on this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
      gaze in most importers deskdrawers, and you'll see loads of OE i.c.e equipment.
      A friend tells me this kit is excellent and most could be utilised here with band expanders...what's you take on this ?
      The remote start isnt ICE, have you confused it with something else? It allows me to start and stop the truck remotely from a distance. A band expander will not work with this.

Rgds

Ant
      Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

afaik its only illegal to use on a road, otherwise why do new range rovers have them?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          afaik its only illegal to use on a road, otherwise why do new range rovers have them?
          I was wondering more about the radio frequency the unit uses. I was assuming that if the frequency the unit uses it registered for use in the UK already, that means it would be illegal to use equipment that broadcast on that frequency?

Thanks

Ant
          Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

I was wondering more about the radio frequency the unit uses. I was assuming that if the frequency the unit uses it registered for use in the UK already, that means it would be illegal to use equipment that broadcast on that frequency?

Thanks

Ant
            who's gonna know?... if you get trouble with interference then you know to stop using it.

only reason i'd disconnect it would be for the SVA

clifford do a remote start kit and an aquaintance has a canadian alarm on his trooper with remote start and it also starts below about -2degrees c
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              who's gonna know?... if you get trouble with interference then you know to stop using it.

only reason i'd disconnect it would be for the SVA

clifford do a remote start kit and an aquaintance has a canadian alarm on his trooper with remote start and it also starts below about -2degrees c
              Im more concerned with interfering with other devices. The Frequency Allocation Table for the UK shows the frequency the remote start uses to be reserved for "Fixed Mobile Radiolocation" - whatever that is! Also the Japanese manufacturer shows it is only legal to use in Japan.

I would imagine the Clifford device is on a registered frequency for the UK and thus legal here?

Rgds

Ant
              Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

That frequency is used for radio beacons( Aeronautical radionavigation)and maritime radio communications in the uk, so i would say that it was illegal.

Im more concerned with interfering with other devices. The Frequency Allocation Table for the UK shows the frequency the remote start uses to be reserved for "Fixed Mobile Radiolocation" - whatever that is! Also the Japanese manufacturer shows it is only legal to use in Japan.

I would imagine the Clifford device is on a registered frequency for the UK and thus legal here?

Rgds

Ant
                I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

If your that concerened about interference and the like, it's simple, Rip it out and forget about it. I don't know what your expecting to happen if you use it, bring an aeroplane down????

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
                    If your that concerened about interference and the like, it's simple, Rip it out and forget about it. I don't know what your expecting to happen if you use it, bring an aeroplane down????
                    I woudnt say I was that concerned, more interested/wondering
                    Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Working...
                    X