timing belt light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing belt light

is there any way of checking that the timing belt light is functioning ok? should it come on and go off after self test like an abs light for example?.. mines done 60,000 i think they reccomend change at 100000km .. should i take dash out and check bulb is there.. im just a bit suspicious that the dealer could of removed it when they converted the speedo over to mph!!! views/ opinions anyone?? cheers
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

its an easy thing to reset so best bet is to change it and know for sure ,when i did mine it was like brand new ,still for the cost theres nothing like feeling confident its not going to go on you at any time money well spent i say.

Comment

Originally posted by mud-ge
      its an easy thing to reset so best bet is to change it and know for sure ,when i did mine it was like brand new ,still for the cost theres nothing like feeling confident its not going to go on you at any time money well spent i say.
      I have just reset the t-belt light in about 15 mins.
      Much easier than I thought, just needed a philips s/driver and a bit of thought.
      So I would imagine that to replace any dash light would take a similar time.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colinjw
        I have just reset the t-belt light in about 15 mins.
        Much easier than I thought, just needed a philips s/driver and a bit of thought.
        So I would imagine that to replace any dash light would take a similar time.

Colin
        p.s.
        I didn't even need to disconnect any multi-plugs, there was enough slack to turn the speedo etc upside down.

Comment

Working...
        X