Radio Wiring SSR-G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Wiring SSR-G?

Looking to put a UK radio in a 2nd Gen SSR-G.

The mounting brackets are missing so any help finding somewhere that sells them is appreciated.

Also, the wiring seems different... The only wiring I can see seems to be from an Amp behind the dashboard with none of the standard wiring plugs visible (other than aerial)?
    Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers,

Rob.

Originally posted by robinbooth

The mounting brackets are missing so any help finding somewhere that sells them is appreciated.

Also, the wiring seems different... The only wiring I can see seems to be from an Amp behind the dashboard with none of the standard wiring plugs visible (other than aerial)?

Cheers,

Rob.
    All your wiring should be there the amp wire you found may be from a previous install (Eg:they may have had a sub box) you could always make the mounting brackets out of a piece off tin plate
    If your ever in the Teesside area i could take a look for free and advise you what to do, obviously if i were to fit it i would have to charge you but any advice would be free

Comment

Originally posted by robinbooth

Cheers,

Rob.
      Are the standard plugs not plugged in to the amp???
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

"The mounting brackets are missing so any help finding somewhere that sells them is appreciated."

Some brackets here, if it helps. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...559787213&rd=1
        Doyle

Comment

I've just replaced my OEM CD/Radio with a DVD player in my SSR-G. The amp unit sits below the OEM head unit and has to be removed. You'll find the std connections plugged into the amp unit. I'll have all the colour codes for the OEM radio wiring for a 93 SSR-g up on my web site within the week. If you would like to see it get back and I'll post a link when it's finished.
          Pete. R.
          93 SSRG
          1KZ-TE
          Canberra
          Australia
          [IMG]http://au.geocities.com/maverick_asraam/pictures_files/100_3790.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by maverick_sr71
            I've just replaced my OEM CD/Radio with a DVD player in my SSR-G. The amp unit sits below the OEM head unit and has to be removed. You'll find the std connections plugged into the amp unit. I'll have all the colour codes for the OEM radio wiring for a 93 SSR-g up on my web site within the week. If you would like to see it get back and I'll post a link when it's finished.

Cheers Maverick, found them no problem after that and took the amp out.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
            X