Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my "red light"

Hi all,

I own a 1993 3.0 ltr ssx and am besotted with her. So much so that have spent most of the last month that I have had her cleaning her and making the beast gleam.
    And that is where my problem begins. There is a red light on the dash which normally shows that the spare wheel part of the rear door is open. It has been flashing on and off particularily when I have been going over rough ground. I took her for a wash yesterday and now the light is on continually. Please can you tell me how to get the light to go out or how to go about fixing the sensor that obviously sits up in the back there to remind me to shut the door. Its driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!

That light normally not just the wheel carrier, but also all 5 doors. Whilst the snag could well be with the carrier and you may wish to check it first, don't rule out the other doors as the possible cause. These sensors are normally just switches, not sure about the 2nd Gen such as yours but on the 3rd the carrier switch is clearly visable near the latch mechanism on the door. First step would be to remove this and check the operation of the switch itself.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      That light normally not just the wheel carrier, but also all 5 doors. Whilst the snag could well be with the carrier and you may wish to check it first, don't rule out the other doors as the possible cause. These sensors are normally just switches, not sure about the 2nd Gen such as yours but on the 3rd the carrier switch is clearly visable near the latch mechanism on the door. First step would be to remove this and check the operation of the switch itself.
      Thanks for the advice. The switch for the carrier is in the same place as on the 3rd gen. I just hope that it is this switch.If its not have no idea where to start. Will have a go at looking at the carrier switch first of all (just hope that I can figure out how to fix the little blighter once I get it off!)

Comment

Working...
      X