Rear window not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window not working

OK OK, I know this one has probably been asked to death many times before, but when I did a search it came back with 351 matches and the first couple of pages didn't have it - I'd be there all day!

Anyway, rear window. Using the key its nice and smooth up and down, whereas using the switch it now only goes down. It was working fine, but as I say the switch no longer operates up. Could it be a relay or something?

Any advice appreciated, and sorry for asking!

Thanks.
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Originally posted by phorbiuz
    OK OK, I know this one has probably been asked to death many times before, but when I did a search it came back with 351 matches and the first couple of pages didn't have it - I'd be there all day!

Anyway, rear window. Using the key its nice and smooth up and down, whereas using the switch it now only goes down. It was working fine, but as I say the switch no longer operates up. Could it be a relay or something?

Thanks.

Sounds like dust or liquid has found it's way into the switch to me.
    Failing that, maybe a loose connection on one side of the switch.

Comment

Thanks.
      lol mine goes up and not down on the switch - key is ok though want to swap?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Looking at your pictures, yours is probably clogged with mud!
        Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

Looking at your pictures, yours is probably clogged with mud!
          I have simular prob
          works o.k on switch,but only goes up with key
          realy anoying and i can't figure it out.
          Regards
          Kev.
          2.4 black beast

Comment

sounds like your switch is faulty... have you got a multi meter to check it? if not do what i did i re wired a heated seat switch until i get another. you could always try taking it out and cleaning the contacts with electrical switch cleaner!! good luck
            DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Only goes one way with key.

I have just fixed this problem on a 92 2.4

It wasn't the relay.

It wasnt the switch on the back of the lock, cos that was the first thing I checked.

WHere the wiring loom goes up into the bottom of the tailgate it goes under a balck plastic plate the cables are all in a plastic adaptaflex type sleeve - if the sleeve gets snagged then it pulls back a bit allowing the cable to rub on the steel edge when the gate goes up and down. On mine the insulation had gone through, then the copper had rotted.

Have a look under that little plate. On mine it is the thin green with a red stripe for up and green with a yellow for down.

If not I have some other ideas (having spent an afternoon going through how the whole thing works) Let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X