X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pleinmont
    YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

All speakers working

Had another look behind the dash this afternoon and spotted that on my ISO loom (unknown type - sorry) it already had connectors prewired for the Remote Control Amp wire and a spare blue wire - they were just not connected.

Left everything else as it was and just plugged them together - hey presto - all speakers working (radio and CD too)....

If anyone else is reading this make sure you buy looms with connectors already on the end of the Remote Control Amp wire and another spare blue wire - if the ISO loom is the right one for a Toyota then this will be all you probably need to do.

Good sound from in the back too - pleasantly surprised for OE kit.
    So I was right but with no gratitude

Comment

Originally posted by steve.keley
      So I was right but with no gratitude

hehe

Kind off and I take your point - but I didn't even have to bodge or cut or change any wires - just connected two wires on the head unit that were already prepped by the manufacturer - no DIY needed.

If most headunits come made like that, it would seem to be the answer for Surf owners having problems with their rear amps not working. I'm not much of a stereo tech head so don't know what the standard is.
      I have read a heap of comments on the Forum about cutting and rejoing all sorts of coloured wires so it seems some are different??
      Be good for everyone if all headunits were like my Pioneer.

Comment

cheers!!!

Just spent some long hours installing a new dvd head and player in my surf and after many probs found your thread and discovered the blu/white wire and the amp remote not connected joined them up and everything now works fine even the airial which was doin some strange stuff like goin up with ignition off thanks mate top answer rear speakers too!!
        Originally posted by Pleinmont
        YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

All speakers working

Had another look behind the dash this afternoon and spotted that on my ISO loom (unknown type - sorry) it already had connectors prewired for the Remote Control Amp wire and a spare blue wire - they were just not connected.

Left everything else as it was and just plugged them together - hey presto - all speakers working (radio and CD too)....

If anyone else is reading this make sure you buy looms with connectors already on the end of the Remote Control Amp wire and another spare blue wire - if the ISO loom is the right one for a Toyota then this will be all you probably need to do.

Good sound from in the back too - pleasantly surprised for OE kit.

Comment

blimey - that all got a bit complicated! I just bought an ISO connector for a surf off ebay, plugged it in and everything worked straight off. I thought the standard rear speakers sounded pretty good - plenty of bass, until I changed them for a component set (with the tweeters behind the facia above the rear window), then you realise that the clarity wasn't actually there.
          Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by steve.keley View Post
            Hi All

Just change the auto antenna wire(Blue) and the AMP wire(blue/White) round and it will all work as when you put a CD in the antenna wire stops working as it no longer needs to be up

Steve
            Is the auto antenna wire the wire that connects to the little silver box that the aeriel wire connects to? I have a few inches of blue wire going to this box, it then connects to a red wire.
            My problems in changing the stereo are; the ariel goes up when the stereo is switched on and remains up even if in cd or any other mode, in other words the aeriel lifts when the stereo is switched on and remains in that position until switched off.
            Next problem will be that when (or if) I can make the aeriel operate as it should, I will not have back speakers when aerial is down.
            Most grateful for any help.
            Jim

Comment

Seem to remember there's two wires involved here. I believe I fed them both off my ariel output and the ariel only went up when I selected the wireless (wireless is so much more fun than radio, don't you think?) BUT the rear speakers only worked when the ariel was up. In the end I fed (I think I'm right but it was a while ago) the ariel output onto the blue wire and the other wire I connected to the switched feed from the ignition. So, rear speakers work all the time the ignition's on, ariel only goes up when you select wireless but then stays up if you select CD or what ever until the ignition is turned off. I decided I could live with that. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes , I think I can 'live with' the aeriel being up when playing cds or mp3 etc. if i can't work the problem out.
                I think the radio being fitted needs two 'remote on' wires, but I am not clear as to how they should connect. I have joined terminals H & I and joined a 'remote out' to both terminals.
                I cannot understand how the other 'remote out' could be also connected to these same terminals because I would have thought one would back feed the other, or worse still produce the dreaded magic smoke.

Comment

I think that should be 'remote on' not 'remote out'.

Comment

Don't think it's a problem with them being joined, it's essentially two switch wires. All is well if you join the two unless you haver a stereo which turns off the feed to the ariel once the wireless is 'unselected'. What I did sorted it to the best of my abilities and I'm a happy bunny. (with rear speakers, jezz the thing sounded rubbish without).

Have a look at this, it will probably help http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.asp

Comment

Working...
                    X