Remote Central Locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, finally got it fitted and working

OK, after many false starts, I've finally got the remote central locking fitted and working. Here's how:

Parts needed:
    Remote control unit (obviously)
    2x Wire splices (bue things that you clamp down on the wires to splice another wire in)
    1x 2 terminal choc block, could have used two more splices for this, but I didn't

I ended up having to open the box up because all my messing round had caused it to stop working. Turns out I had burned two tracks on the circuit board out completely. So fixed them, and traced the circuit. It turns out that the two yellow wires (on mine anyway) supply the 'feed' that is switched onto the circuit when you press the button. The instructions suggest that you attach these to +12v. However, if you attach them to an earth point then you get a switched earth which is what the Surf requires. I then just spliced the blue and green wires into the two red wires (one each, damned if I can remember which way round now, sorry - it'll only take 5 seconds to figure it out) that go into the central locking control box that is attached up behind the drivers side speaker. Attached the red and black to permanent +12v and earth respectively. Bingo

BTW, my control unit is made by GenX, orange box with a blue sports convertable on the front.

Hope that helps someone.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Now, what can I wire the remote boot release into???
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        OK, after many false starts, I've finally got the remote central locking fitted and working. Here's how:

Parts needed:
        Remote control unit (obviously)
        2x Wire splices (bue things that you clamp down on the wires to splice another wire in)
        1x 2 terminal choc block, could have used two more splices for this, but I didn't

I ended up having to open the box up because all my messing round had caused it to stop working. Turns out I had burned two tracks on the circuit board out completely. So fixed them, and traced the circuit. It turns out that the two yellow wires (on mine anyway) supply the 'feed' that is switched onto the circuit when you press the button. The instructions suggest that you attach these to +12v. However, if you attach them to an earth point then you get a switched earth which is what the Surf requires. I then just spliced the blue and green wires into the two red wires (one each, damned if I can remember which way round now, sorry - it'll only take 5 seconds to figure it out) that go into the central locking control box that is attached up behind the drivers side speaker. Attached the red and black to permanent +12v and earth respectively. Bingo

BTW, my control unit is made by GenX, orange box with a blue sports convertable on the front.

Hope that helps someone.

Excellent!!! I've just bought the same kit, and found these fitting instructions. Thanks very much!!!

Dave
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Well, thanks to Slugsies write up, it took me just over an hour, start to finish to make my truck 'remote controlled'!!! Woo Hoo!!

It just does, OK?

Comment

I thought I'd drag this one up from the depths as it has the diagram that's fallen off Apaches thread. In the morning I will be making another attempt to fit one of these doohickies, and just by chance it has negatory as well as plusative switching, so there's less chance of me making a hods of the job...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
            X