Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSRG - Needs New Front Speakers

Hi

Bought a 1995 SSR-G recently and the previous owner had replaced the original stereo with a new UK CD player (old one skipped).

He didn't connect all the speakers just the two front ones. All works fine but the speakers mounted on the underside of the dashboard near the doors are blown.

Any ideas on the size that I will need to buy to replace them? I haven't attempted to get the dash off yet (looks nasty!)

Having read a bit about the whole sound system it looks pretty awkward and expensive to upgrade all the speakers, so just want to replace the 2 front ones with some decent coaxial ones (keep it simple).

Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Dan

Originally posted by Pleinmont
    Hi

Bought a 1995 SSR-G recently and the previous owner had replaced the original stereo with a new UK CD player (old one skipped).

He didn't connect all the speakers just the two front ones. All works fine but the speakers mounted on the underside of the dashboard near the doors are blown.

Any ideas on the size that I will need to buy to replace them? I haven't attempted to get the dash off yet (looks nasty!)

Having read a bit about the whole sound system it looks pretty awkward and expensive to upgrade all the speakers, so just want to replace the 2 front ones with some decent coaxial ones (keep it simple).

Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Dan
    hi on the 2nd gen they are 10cm i paid about £20 for mine at argos
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      hi on the 2nd gen they are 10cm i paid about £20 for mine at argos
      Quick reply there

Do they sound alright??

Did you have much hassle fitting them?

Cheers
      Dan

Comment

Quick reply there

Do they sound alright??

Did you have much hassle fitting them?

Cheers
        Dan
        yea sure they are kenwood and when i'm in the surf on my own the vol is turned up with no distortion at all
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

you'll need a 10mm socket, a phillips screwdriver and about half an hour.. its a piece of cake!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            you'll need a 10mm socket, a phillips screwdriver and about half an hour.. its a piece of cake!

Cool - job for one night this week then...

Ta

Comment

Cool - job for one night this week then...

Ta
              Fitted the new Pioneer speakers on the weekend - pretty easy job in the end, so cheers for the advice...

They are sounding MUCH better, but since they are only 4'' diameter the bass is pretty poor.

Anyone know what size the rear speakers are - hopefully they are bigger so I can get a bit more umph without having to fit a woofer (need the space).

Cheers
              Dan

Comment

Hi

Any ideas?
                Cheers
                Dan

had the same problem and most probably yor rears are shot too... i got a decent pair for 50 quid at 4'' in diameter although i had to chuck the speaker housings away
                if at first you dont succeed..... bollock

Comment

Originally posted by lizardinc
                  had the same problem and most probably yor rears are shot too... i got a decent pair for 50 quid at 4'' in diameter although i had to chuck the speaker housings away
                  All fine in the end - my loom on the back of my stereo had two blue wires that weren't connected (Amp remote to Aerial) and so I couldn't hear anything coming out of the back speakers. I just stuck them together (already had connectors on) and the amps in the back fired up along with the electric aerial. Job Done.

The back speakers are fine actually - filtered the sound to them using the Front Image Enhancer on my head unit, so I get all the low end from the back and the rest of the sound coming from the new Pioneer front speakers. If you have the sound coming equally out of all the speakers it kind of sounds wrong when you are sat in the front and theres almost an echo - maybe just me though....

Sounds pretty damn good too

Comment

Working...
                  X