rear heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear heater

hi there any one have any ideas what this might be my rear heater in my 1992 ssr-x ln130 only blows cold air no matter if the switch is in the hot position or the cold
    cheers
    mick

Two possibilities come to mind. First is that the lever isn't connected to the valve that opens the flow of water to the rear heater. Second is possibly a big air lock in the pipework to the rear heater matrix.
    Mike G

Comment

third option is sludge in the pipes from not being used for a dogs age...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        third option is sludge in the pipes from not being used for a dogs age...
        cheers chaps ill take it apart and have a look

Comment

theres 2 pipes just below thermostat, take em both off and bung a hose pipe up it (with the heater in the hot position...) and plf. make sure the system is nt airlocked when you put it back together tho. good luck!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

The rear heater seams to have very fine cooling fins & as said the pipes get full of brown sandy sludge.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              theres 2 pipes just below thermostat, take em both off and bung a hose pipe up it (with the heater in the hot position...) and plf. make sure the system is nt airlocked when you put it back together tho. good luck!
              cheers fellas ill try that

Comment

Working...
              X