Dodgy Heater motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Heater motor

Hi, i have looked all over this site and cant see anyone with the same problem as me. My heater motor does not run all the time. I have replaced the heater resistor and it sometimes works fine. But then gets a mind of its own and slows down and stops. there is a rattle when it does this, and happens on all settings of the control knob. My truck is a 1991 ln130 ssr ltd.Any help in solving this problem would be great thanks. I just want to know what the best way to fix this is.

Originally posted by macca
    Hi, i have looked all over this site and cant see anyone with the same problem as me. My heater motor does not run all the time. I have replaced the heater resistor and it sometimes works fine. But then gets a mind of its own and slows down and stops. there is a rattle when it does this, and happens on all settings of the control knob. My truck is a 1991 ln130 ssr ltd.Any help in solving this problem would be great thanks. I just want to know what the best way to fix this is.
    Could be the motor itself is duff, or the brushes on the motor.
    As an aside, how difficult was it to change the heater resister and where is it located, I've lost the 1st 2 speeds on mine!

Cheers

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Derek T M
      Could be the motor itself is duff, or the brushes on the motor.
      As an aside, how difficult was it to change the heater resister and where is it located, I've lost the 1st 2 speeds on mine!

Cheers

Derek
      Have a look at the attachment - it's for an 85 4runner but the info might be of help.
      Second attachment is for dashboard removal - not sure how much of the dash you will need to strip but the info might help
      Attached Files
      Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

The heater resistor is a peice of cake to fina and remove, but takes a few goes to get it back in. It is located on the cacbin side of the firewall in the passangers footwell. Kinda jammed in behind heater. This is the thread i used to help find mine. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...eater+resistor
        Have fun hope you find it

Comment

Lol

just had another look at the site listed in the above link. I new i had seen the info somewhere before, and here it was all along. Right in front of me.Just a case of now pulling the motor out and in with the new brushes.Thanks for the help guys. Thanks silver surfer for the diagrams

Comment

Working...
          X