X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window not working

Hello,
    Been browsing for a bit but first post
    Had the grinding lock stops and blown dash bulbs but the forum sored those out.

Had the surf about two weeks (93 3.0td) tried to lower the rear nearside window and it doesn't move, either from the driver's switch or the one in the rear passenger side armrest. Did a search but couldn't find anything, dodgy wires? or are these things fused individually?

Tried to fit a set of Alpine components in the rear (5 3/4") plus tweeters but too big, shame as they are a decent set of speakers. After searching on here it looks like I would have wrecked them as they are 4 ohm.

How do work out the lift on the surf? it's higher than others and has rancho shocks on the back. Do you measure from the top of the wheel to the arch?

Cheers

Try checking wires that run through to the drivers door, if you open the door you will see the loom of wires going in to the door, see if any are broken.
    Take of rear door card and check voltage to motor etc.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

i just had that same problem
      the bit that fits on bottom of the window came off had to take the door fascia off and refit it works ok now, also lubricate your window runners with silicone spray or similar to stop windows working slowly and thus causing these little problems
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Working...
      X