door prob's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door prob's

i have a problem with the central locking ,it works fine on three doors via the key ,remote and also the master switch on the door panel,i stripped it all out today cleaned and regreased still no joy ,i even took the motor a part and that all seemed fine ,i have power at the connector and it also used to take two presses of the remote to activate ,this may have been an early indication that something was up ,have also had a look at the box under the seat all seems fine there,this just about covers all the search results i had found ,so has anyone had a door motor pack up ,or any other idears ,dont want to buy a new one and not solve the problem

traceykyle

Originally posted by mud-ge
    i have a problem with the central locking ,it works fine on three doors via the key ,remote and also the master switch on the door panel,i stripped it all out today cleaned and regreased still no joy ,i even took the motor a part and that all seemed fine ,i have power at the connector and it also used to take two presses of the remote to activate ,this may have been an early indication that something was up ,have also had a look at the box under the seat all seems fine there,this just about covers all the search results i had found ,so has anyone had a door motor pack up ,or any other idears ,dont want to buy a new one and not solve the problem
    same prob with mine i went to breakers and got a door motor assembly off a toyota carina and corrola wihich when you strip down has same motor replaced motor in my door lock unit now works ok just need a soldering iron to join ex to motor

Comment

Originally posted by traceykyle
      same prob with mine i went to breakers and got a door motor assembly off a toyota carina and corrola wihich when you strip down has same motor replaced motor in my door lock unit now works ok just need a soldering iron to join ex to motor
      i used ex as existing connection for the connection plug the motors in the donor door lock is identical with brass worm drive on spindale my motor had burnt out worked only when not connected to door mech.

Comment

cheers mate will end up down the scrapy,dos it need to be from the same side as the faulty one or are they all the same also what do i need the soldering iron for.

Comment

Originally posted by mud-ge
          cheers mate will end up down the scrapy,dos it need to be from the same side as the faulty one or are they all the same also what do i need the soldering iron for.
          doesn't matter what side the soldering iron is used to solder surfs connection socket backon to replacement motor once installed in original unit on surf.There is a small resistor in side which you will see when you open locking unit up just un solder tails to motor and re solder replacment in hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X