Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights gone on dashboard

hi got a 1993 2.4 toyota surf wonder if anyone can help went out last night
    and everything was fine come back and went to turn on the lights and although i got the headlights etc i got nothing on the main dashboard or where the gear selector is.
    1, has anyone got any ideas what is the problem?.
    2, where is the fuse box. ?
    3, or is it the blub and if so how come there is only one blub for the whole unit? and how do i get behind the unit to fix it.

I have checked the fuse that is on the driverside in the well, but there is not a fuse for the dash so it seems.

thanks
    daz

might sound silly, but check the output voltage of the alternator... when my alternator went on an old car the dash lights were first to go, because of the small filaments... the alternator has a voltage regulator on it which limits the output to around 14volts
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hi check the driver fuse again

Hi i would check your rear lights as my dash lights went and after checking my rear lights were gone as well.
      If this is the case check the top right fuse 10 amp as this was my culprit under driver dash and from looking at it its top right.

Comment

Originally posted by ukviha
        Hi i would check your rear lights as my dash lights went and after checking my rear lights were gone as well.
        If this is the case check the top right fuse 10 amp as this was my culprit under driver dash and from looking at it its top right.

Yes, I had the same once. The fuse blew once I had put a new radio in????? Strange I know but it happenned twice. Replace the fuse in the drivers footwell.

Andy

Comment

hi
          thankyou to everyone who posted....,
          the culprit was the fuse under the driverside top right
          many thanks
          daz

Comment

Originally posted by daz1965
            hi
            thankyou to everyone who posted....,
            the culprit was the fuse under the driverside top right
            many thanks
            daz
            If you have a towbar, the initial fault that blew the fuse is often caused by water getting into the towbar electrics socket - give it a good spray with WD40 in there.

Kev

Comment

Working...
            X