A343f Transmission Solenoid #1 Fault Code 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A343f Transmission Solenoid #1 Fault Code 62

I have a kzn130 (gen 2) surf with a 1kz and A343f auto transmission that's giving me a fault code 62. The fault is for a faulty shift solenoid #1 which gives me the symptoms of not selecting 1st gear unless done so on the shifter manually. I have replaced all 3 shifter solenoids with aftermarket solenoids and reset the ECU but I am still getting the same symptoms. I have also tried three different ECU's with the latest one being checked over professionally twice so I think I can rule that one out!

The two wires, R-G and W-B, have continuity to plugs beside the ECU and don't actually join the ECU directly (unless they change colour somewhere along the line). R-G gets 12v and W-B gets 0v when the truck is in D and I have compared this to a Prado with a A340 series auto and get the same results.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Have you checked your speed sensor is working correctly?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion DMAudio, but that unfortunately did not help.

I did manage to fix it, however. Turns out all images of the shift solenoid wires I had found online were incorrect and were leading me astray. The photo attached is of the wires outside the transmission and plug for the shift solenoids inside the transmission (I ended up cutting the exhaust out to get access to the transmission pan).

My issue was that a pin in the male side of the plug had broken off into the female side. After I replaced both sides of the plug from a wrecked truck, my truck is now shifting gears smoothly and properly. Very happy
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X