Battery keeper on 2 battery setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery keeper on 2 battery setup

Hi there, I've done a search on this but couldn't find a conclusive answer. I have a factory standard 2 battery setup. i.e. it's not been rewired to have 1 battery as a leisure battery or to run lights/winch etc. My Surf is broken at the moment but I need to keep the batteries in good nick, I have a battery keeper......if I wire the positive to the positive terminal on one battery and the negative to the negative terminal on the other, will it keep both batteries topped up?

Many thanks.

I don't know this answer off the top of my head as I've not owned my surf that long and also not looked into how they are wired, but link them together via jump leads could be an option just make sure they don't arc when you shut the bonnet.

Comment

Thanks Dover, but there must be a way to figure this out for sure...

Comment

I'll have a gander at mine when the wife gets back with it see what goes where.

Comment

Had a quick look this morning it looks like connect to one both will charge as looks to share same earth and there's a link wire between the 2 positive terminals. Not had a meter to confirm officially.

That's on my Gen 2 KZN130

Comment

Working...
          X