heated rear window and hazard light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heated rear window and hazard light switch

heated rear window and hazard light switch should thet light up when you put the lights on mine only come on when you press the button on the heater a little orange light comes on hazard doesnt light at all if you think its a fuse or bulb how do i change either of them thanks matt

Just been out to check mine;as soon as I switch on sidelights both the switches are illuminated from behind so you can see their position on dash in the dark. If I operate heated rear screen I get the orange indicator light in switch coming on. If I operate the hazards the switch does not flash - just the right/left indicator light on panel.
    If the switches operate the way they should but just aren't illuminated when you have side/mainbeam on that would suggest the small bulbs in the switch rather than fuses was the problem.
    Not sure how easy it is to access these switches- in some cars you can prise out switch others you have to access from behind.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

hi thanks it was bulbs

Originally posted by Ken
      Just been out to check mine;as soon as I switch on sidelights both the switches are illuminated from behind so you can see their position on dash in the dark. If I operate heated rear screen I get the orange indicator light in switch coming on. If I operate the hazards the switch does not flash - just the right/left indicator light on panel.
      If the switches operate the way they should but just aren't illuminated when you have side/mainbeam on that would suggest the small bulbs in the switch rather than fuses was the problem.
      Not sure how easy it is to access these switches- in some cars you can prise out switch others you have to access from behind.
      Hope this helps!
      hi thanks it was bulbs

Comment

Did you find a bulb in the hazard switch then, I had the same dark buttons when I bought it, took the switches out and changed the bulb in the heater switch but the hazard switch seemed sealed and no obvious bulb. Did you pull the hazard switch apart? I figured it would ping off in all directions and never work again.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          Did you find a bulb in the hazard switch then, I had the same dark buttons when I bought it, took the switches out and changed the bulb in the heater switch but the hazard switch seemed sealed and no obvious bulb. Did you pull the hazard switch apart? I figured it would ping off in all directions and never work again.
          No bulb in mine(or space / connections) and yes it does fly apart when you open it up.. .other people have bulbs in theres but I guess its an age thing...
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
            No bulb in mine(or space / connections) and yes it does fly apart when you open it up.. .other people have bulbs in theres but I guess its an age thing...
            Mark
            Thanks for your reply, I guess our's are older than most, I might try and get one out of a newer toyota if it works I will let you know, I like all the buttons lit up.
            Darren

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
              Mark
              I just figured it was an import thing .
              I've got the surf and a galant & neither of them have lit switches.
              Suppose I should check.
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

mine had no bulb is hazard

but the other switches had bulbs tiny little one in a/c button got all bulbs from toyota listers coventry ask for adam in parts cant reccomend highly enough

Comment

What about the rear window switch and front fog switch, behind the gear lever?

Should they be lit up too, when the side lights are on??
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Don't know about the spot lights as mine is not fitted there, but the rear window switch should light up with the sidelights. If you gently lever it out you'll find a tiny plastic screw in the side turn it slightly and it will drop out with a little bulb inside.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                    X