Revvin' up, but not going!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revvin' up, but not going!!

Hi Folks, was a member of this forum a long while back, but have re-registered due to password brain-fade!!
    Anyways, I have a 3.0 Surf which has been sat on my drive for 6 weeks. Battery was flat when tried to start it a few days back, so charged it up. Engine started first time, but it seems to be stuck in gear no matter which gear position is selected on auto box, but doesn't drive! Checked in case brakes had seized on, but all nice and free, albeit restricted by the drive train which is permamnently engaged. Was driving perfectly when laid up to rest, so I am really confused/worried as what has happened in the mean time. One thing I did notice is there is now a red illuminated "A/T P" sign on the right of the dash when in Park, and upon pressing the 4WD button there is no illumination of the schematic vehicle on the dash.
    HELP!! Anybody ever had same scenario?

Stephen

Originally posted by Randyrad
    Hi Folks, was a member of this forum a long while back, but have re-registered due to password brain-fade!!
    Anyways, I have a 3.0 Surf which has been sat on my drive for 6 weeks. Battery was flat when tried to start it a few days back, so charged it up. Engine started first time, but it seems to be stuck in gear no matter which gear position is selected on auto box, but doesn't drive! Checked in case brakes had seized on, but all nice and free, albeit restricted by the drive train which is permamnently engaged. Was driving perfectly when laid up to rest, so I am really confused/worried as what has happened in the mean time. One thing I did notice is there is now a red illuminated "A/T P" sign on the right of the dash when in Park, and upon pressing the 4WD button there is no illumination of the schematic vehicle on the dash.
    HELP!! Anybody ever had same scenario?

Stephen
    Hi,

The obvious is a lack of transmission fluid in the auto box - have you checked that ?

The stupid idea is, could the Hi/Low lever in Neutral ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yea sounds daft i know but if the a/t p light is on that means the transfer box is in neutral.
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
        Yea sounds daft i know but if the a/t p light is on that means the transfer box is in neutral.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hmmm...didn't think to check!!

Ooops! Didn't occur to me about the transfer box. Will check to see and post an update later.
          Thanks for everybodies help on this one.
          Best regards, Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by Randyrad
            Ooops! Didn't occur to me about the transfer box. Will check to see and post an update later.
            Thanks for everybodies help on this one.
            Best regards, Stephen
            Soooooooo, What was the verdict. You can tell me in strictest confidence. I wont breathe a word.................honest!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Yes.Only the 3800 odd members of this forum will know.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                Yes.Only the 3800 odd members of this forum will know.

Neville
                Transfer box must have been in neutral. He hasn't come back yet. Don't be embarrassed.
                At least I shared my red button experience. Pressed red button, moved shift to vacuum the dust out of the gaiter/moving parts and the vacuum cleaner lead seemed to be getting tight. I looked round to see who the joker was pulling it and realised the truck was rolling away.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                X