Curious rear window problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious rear window problem....

...won't operate from the outside key but okay from the indside switch. When you operate the key switch you can here a relay clicking somewhere (so the key swictch itself is fine).

1) Where is the relay unit located- blowed if I can find it? Is what I can hear the regulator?
    2) Any ideas what the fault might be- had the door assy appart but could find nothing obvious?
    3) Tailgate window regulator - where is it and could this be the culprit?

TIA

Nevillef

Make sure the rear wiper is parked correctly as it has a switch to stop the window being lowered. But i think that it doesn't isolate the console switch.
    [SIZE=5]martin [/SIZE]
    [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=lime]Where Pilgrims climb may grecians fall[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Comment

Nev, Linda's is the same, but hers went a bit at a time, first it would only go up on the key but not down, now not at all. But fine on the key.

Good chance its the window ECU, it lives on the left hand side, right at the back between the storage box and the rear corner of the car. You need to pull the inner trim away to get at it.

You can replace the relays in the ECU if you can find them, or just get another box.

First check the big socket and plug in the tailgate that goes from the tailgate wiring loom to the car, its can produce the same effect, same goes for the key switch itself, but if you can hear a relay clicking, it normally proves the wiring is OK.

Don't fix it to soon, Lindas has been bust for months, and if you fix yours straight away, I'll get ear ache..................

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Nev, Linda's is the same, but hers went a bit at a time, first it would only go up on the key but not down, now not at all. But fine on the key.
        Good chance its the window ECU, it lives on the left hand side, right at the back between the storage box and the rear corner of the car. You need to pull the inner trim away to get at it.

You can replace the relays in the ECU if you can find them, or just get another box.

First check the big socket and plug in the tailgate that goes from the tailgate wiring loom to the car, its can produce the same effect, same goes for the key switch itself, but if you can hear a relay clicking, it normally proves the wiring is OK.

Don't fix it to soon, Lindas has been bust for months, and if you fix yours straight away, I'll get ear ache..................

No wonder he cant fix it - the switch works fine but not the key!!!

Tony has had two long attempts and given up.... Poor baby Bullet....
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          No wonder he cant fix it - the switch works fine but not the key!!!
          Thats what I ment!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Thats what I ment!!!

MEANT.....
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I think this is a perfect time to use the quote I gave when I was up the other Saturday.
              " Don't listern to the words coming out of my mouth, just follow the thoughts."
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Well folks about the original problem I had this about three weeks ago just after I left the car woth my wife and went to work. The problem wasnt the ecu or relays but the multi plug connection that goes from the wireing loom in the inner wing compartment at the back passengers side. There is a relay and multi plug there and it was the multi plug that goes down and heads to the tail door switches. When I looked from the top the plug wireing looked fine but upon removing it and pulling out through the chassis leg I found it to be all corroded on the bottom part.
                So the easy fix was to fix with spade conenctors.
                I have had no problems so far.
                It was quite hard one to get the dog home with the back window stuck down right enough for my wife.
                The symptoms were that it would work with the button inside some times and then with the the key, or when you got the window down the relay would just start to chatter and go mad, even when you were driving along the road.
                Hope this helps someone.
                Cheers Charlie

Comment

Working...
                X