Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Originally posted by dirtydog
    hmm mine is doing this now (drowned in mud) need to decide on repair or replacement.
    the field diode pack needs replacing and check brush pack if u can get a amp meter what u can do is leave ur headlight on engine not running for 10mins turn lights off start engine while engine is running disconnect positive battery lead at battery pole at idle speed 750rpm u should get a reading of 10amps at 2000rpm u should have a reading of 18 to 25amps if not get alternator recondition

Comment

I spent ages taking it out. stripped the alternator, cleaned it an put it back in and its fixed! after all that I imagine that it was probably a loose wire or something.... guess ill never know. still thanks anyway!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Mine did the same thing late last year, and I eventually got the replacement alt from Toyota, as believe it or not, they were the cheapest!
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

door open warning light on all the time

Hello - I have similar prob but just with the warning light to indicate a door is open. At first it seemed to cure with repeated closing of the tailgate but then it just came on again at no particular prompting.

Now it is on all the time and I know there are no doors open - anyone know what is the cause of this and how to repair?

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan blane
            Hello - I have similar prob but just with the warning light to indicate a door is open. At first it seemed to cure with repeated closing of the tailgate but then it just came on again at no particular prompting.

Now it is on all the time and I know there are no doors open - anyone know what is the cause of this and how to repair?
            check the wires coming from the tailgate/doors to the body of the truck as the wires can break in the rubber tube.If you got the rear wheel carrier make sure the carrier is double clicked when closed
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

warning light - door open

what do you mean by 'double clicked' ? Is there some knack to it other than just giving it a hefty push ?

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan blane
                what do you mean by 'double clicked' ? Is there some knack to it other than just giving it a hefty push ?
                the rear mounted wheel carrier needs to double click to make sure its closed properly.by giving it a hefty shove it may not close properly
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hello,
                  It appears that I'm not the only person who suffers from the Surf's faulty alternator syndrom! I drowned mine in a water crossing back in the spring and after that my dash lit up too. I noticed soon after that my battery voltage was continually dropping until now both are completely dead! Is there a way of figuring out what the problem was without completely removing it? I've been told its likely brushes or could be the voltage regulator? I suppose theres also the chance that it's just an open (or possibly even a short) circuit.
                  Any tips would help. I'm trying to sell my truck but its kindof hard when the darn thing wont start!

Thanks.
                  Last edited by Surfin' Canada; 20 November 2007, 21:01.

Comment

Working...
                  X