Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ting-ting thing and timing belt light

Hiya
    Seems like my ting-ting thing thread has dissapeared?. So I`ll try again.
    When I go over 105km that ting-ting alarm thing cuts in and its driving me up the wall .Can I disconnect it, if so how???.

Before I go crazy, my timing belt warning light has just come on and seems to coincide with my baby going over 100,000km. Is this the norm or do I have a problem. The belt was changed about four weeks ago (just in case) so there shouldn`t be a problem there so hopefully the 100,000km mark was the trigger. If thats the case can I somehow turn the warning light off?? . I need phsyciatric

Originally posted by tich
    Hiya
    Seems like my ting-ting thing thread has dissapeared?. So I`ll try again.
    When I go over 105km that ting-ting alarm thing cuts in and its driving me up the wall .Can I disconnect it, if so how???.

Before I go crazy, my timing belt warning light has just come on and seems to coincide with my baby going over 100,000km. Is this the norm or do I have a problem. The belt was changed about four weeks ago (just in case) so there shouldn`t be a problem there so hopefully the 100,000km mark was the trigger. If thats the case can I somehow turn the warning light off?? . I need phsyciatric
    Yes the speed allert can be disabled.Can't remember where this is but someone else will I'm sure.

Tne reset button for the timing belt is on the face of instrument panel.Remove the small rubber plug and insert something through the hole and press to reset.

Neville

Comment

Ting Ting!

Posted this a couple of days ago before it all went screwy, so here goes again. The ting ting subject was covered a while back, have a look here... http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/showthread.php?t=413

Simon

Comment

How do you fit a ting ting bell? they sound cool.

Can you recalibrate it to 87mph so we know when the flux capacitor is about to kick in? I spilt my coffe the other day due to the shock.
        '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Yes the speed allert can be disabled.Can't remember where this is but someone else will I'm sure.

Tne reset button for the timing belt is on the face of instrument panel.Remove the small rubber plug and insert something through the hole and press to reset.

Neville

Thanks Sir Neville. Now all I have to do is sort out the ting-ting thing!.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy

Can you recalibrate it to 87mph so we know when the flux capacitor is about to kick in? I spilt my coffe the other day due to the shock.

Just a quick reminder chaps!. The flux capacitor has a negative earth going backwards and positive when going forwards and if you mix them up the diode will burn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy View Post

Sorry but the ting ting bell is not cool it just drives you maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad on long journeys especially if you want to get some where at speeds over 62mph. would love to know how to disconnect the thing. the link posted by another member does not work.

Comment

try using the search button at the top or page!

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=413 is where that thread pointed back in the day, it was posted in 2003, and probably worked then, but the site's moved, change the 'yotasurf' to 'hiluxsurf' and it works.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

This is impressive. A thread revived after being dead for nearly 5 years!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                    X