sat nav, speed pulse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sat nav, speed pulse

I have recently bought a nice little double din sat nav system out of a honda crv. It is quite simple to fit apart for one thing, for it to be completely accurate i have to connect it to the speed pulse cable! does anybody know the colour and whereabouts of this cable? hope someone can help, cheers.
    my beloved is a 3rd gen ssrg.

I would guess that you shouldn't be too worried. I think it is just for times when you lose satellites (ie. in a tunnel) so it works as a simple INU - though not REALLY anything like! It shouldn't take too long to lock up again once the system can see satellites again.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by riddler
      I have recently bought a nice little double din sat nav system out of a honda crv. It is quite simple to fit apart for one thing, for it to be completely accurate i have to connect it to the speed pulse cable! does anybody know the colour and whereabouts of this cable? hope someone can help, cheers.
      my beloved is a 3rd gen ssrg.
      Interesting as I was looking at one of those a while back, before i got the SUrf though, ws it expensive?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

speed pulse

Thanx for the reply apache, sounds like its not as important as i first thought, i'll try it and see how i get on.
        It was a lot of money dirty dog, but ive just bought another surf and decided to buy the pair of us a chriss y pressy, bend the plastic a bit. i'll let you know if its worth the money.

Comment

if it important to find a pulse wire it usually can be found behind the existing radio and on a wire from the g/box or even an abs sensor but this is only if the vehicle has abs and an electronic speedo
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

sat nav

thank you for the reply, thinking about it there was a cable coming from behind the glovebox which could have been going to the original sat nav i suppose. Thanks for that.

Comment

sat nav

just fitted vdo to mine i found they dont work properly without the pulse conected if you want i will have a look at the drawing and let you now the wire to conect it to. I found mine behind the dash (spedo)

Andy
              I dont know only just got mine!

Comment

speed pulse

Iwould love to know, i am going to fit it today so if you could let me know that would be fantastic. cheers.

Comment

any chance of a pic when your done?
                  anyone stuck in a unit from a RAV4 or similar? bet they look smart. Kenwood do a double DIN complete screen (7" ish) and looks very nice unlike the price!
                  Tim

Comment

sat nav

The one i have is out of a honda crv, and it does look great.I fitted it today, i just have to do between 20 and a 100 mile so it can calibrate itself then its ready to use! hopefully i will have found out where to connect the speed pulse cable. I found a cable coming from behind the air bag on the passenger side which i think is it but need to be sure. i will borrow a camera and take some piccys of the system.

Comment

speed pulse

Found it! behind the glovebox there is a cable lilac with red hoops going to a plug where a green cable comes out and goes back into the loom. Thats the speed pulse cable. my sat nav now works fantastically well and looks the muts nuts!!
                      Last edited by riddler; 22 January 2005, 19:42.

Comment

ohoooooooo - piccies?
                        Tim

Comment

Did you find out what the speed pulse actuallY does? Sat nav should be completely independant of data from the platform it is fitted to, so, coming from a job which is very involved in sat nav from a military point of view, I'm intrigued to know what you gain from data from the vehicle - mind you, Im also very drunk right now!
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

speed pulse

This particular system when first installed has to calibrate itself using satellites and the vehicles speed sensing to ensure its accuracy, so until i connected the speed pulse it couldn't calibrate, soon as i did 10 seconds later were away!!!
                            I will sort the piccys out, it looks great.

Comment

piccys

Heres a couple of piccys of my new sat nav system
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by riddler; 29 January 2005, 20:33.

Comment

Working...
                              X