No announcement yet.

Wiring for rear speakers (yet again !)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for rear speakers (yet again !)

Does anyone know how to connect a Kenwood CD player to the rear speakers on a 94 model ?
    The front speakers are connected ok. There are 4 wires (two per channel) for the rear speakers on the back of the CD unit, but get this..... 8 wires from the rear speakers..........
    I investigated the rear speakers,(which i understand are 2 ohmn) to find that each has a 5 wired connection to a pre-amp circuit board located just beneath each speaker,the circuit board feeding 2 wires to the speaker.So i figured that 4 on each side go back to the CD player,(confirmed by colour matching) with one being either an earth or a live that picks up somewhere along the way.
    Even i know that 4 into 8 just don't go! Can anyone shed any light on this problem for me ?
    Will the wiring support by-passing the pre amp circuit board and connecting straight to the speakers ? Or is the pre amp necessary for the speakers to operate correctly ?

Originally posted by aidyb
    Does anyone know how to connect a Kenwood CD player to the rear speakers on a 94 model ?
    The front speakers are connected ok. There are 4 wires (two per channel) for the rear speakers on the back of the CD unit, but get this..... 8 wires from the rear speakers..........
    I investigated the rear speakers,(which i understand are 2 ohmn) to find that each has a 5 wired connection to a pre-amp circuit board located just beneath each speaker,the circuit board feeding 2 wires to the speaker.So i figured that 4 on each side go back to the CD player,(confirmed by colour matching) with one being either an earth or a live that picks up somewhere along the way.
    Even i know that 4 into 8 just don't go! Can anyone shed any light on this problem for me ?
    Will the wiring support by-passing the pre amp circuit board and connecting straight to the speakers ? Or is the pre amp necessary for the speakers to operate correctly ?
    There is wiring for two additional speakers (tweeters?) in the top rear trim panel. I expect this is where your extra wires go.

Cheers

Kevin

Comment

Thanks, but need more suggestions.....

Yes i know that there are locations for tweeter speakers, though on my vehicle, these are not present. Neither is there any wiring from the pre-amp board to these speakers. The only wires that lead from the board are the two feeding the speaker next to the board.

Comment

Heres a diagram of the wiring.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by marky; 8 January 2005, 21:34.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X