Rear window drops on it's own???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window drops on it's own???

I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen. For a couple of days now, if I've left the Surf for a few hours, when I come back to it the rear window is fully open!!
    The inside switch and key switch seem to work very intermittantly to put it back up. I have to move it up and down several times till it fully closes......

Any ideas????
    May all your ups and downs be in bed (or in a Surf)

Don't know if this is related in anyway but I found my window dropped one day and when I stripped the tailgate I found that the two metal "risers" that the glass "sat" in were rusted through and needed replacing. Probably worth stripping the tailgate just to see if it's something as simple as that.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Have just stripped tailgate. There are no signs of any problems in there and there seems to be no problem with it working with the key or the interior switch now. I have lubed all mechanisms and microswitches. Maybe some water got in there and operated a switch???
      May all your ups and downs be in bed (or in a Surf)

Comment

Originally posted by stevebutler
        I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen. For a couple of days now, if I've left the Surf for a few hours, when I come back to it the rear window is fully open!!
        The inside switch and key switch seem to work very intermittantly to put it back up. I have to move it up and down several times till it fully closes......

Any ideas????
        Had same problem about a year ago, look here
        http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ht=rear+window

It's been fine ever since. The solution seemed to be to keep the rear door lock and microswitch lubricated.
        Pete

Comment

Working...
        X