Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bullbar Spots wireing

I have what looks like a standard Bullbar with the two spots

Can not find switch, on further investigation discovered the wires from back of spots go nowere, = I guess never went to a switch

Does this mean the bullbar was a retrofit?

Q. were is best to install switch?

Have round blank on right side of steering and several coin slots available

Is there a prefered place and how do you get wires to it?

See my profile for piccy of spots
    Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Originally posted by TimberSurf
    I have what looks like a standard Bullbar with the two spots

Can not find switch, on further investigation discovered the wires from back of spots go nowere, = I guess never went to a switch

Does this mean the bullbar was a retrofit?

Q. were is best to install switch?

Have round blank on right side of steering and several coin slots available

Is there a prefered place and how do you get wires to it?

See my profile for piccy of spots
    mine is where the coin slots are you can get a switch out of any toyota from a scrap yard as most of the switch gear is the same and should fit right in there..........
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I did a little explanation of fitting spots for this site

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/

Not all I wrote made it in but it will give you a starting point.

Phil.

Comment

just looked at your profile. I am sure you can work out how to fit the relay with a main beam pick up and an isolating switch. (electrical backround always helps.)

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H
          I did a little explanation of fitting spots for this site

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/

Not all I wrote made it in but it will give you a starting point.

Phil.
          don't supposed you could email me a copy of the complete article, Phil?

I have a set of Jaos Offroad Challenger lamps already fitted to the bullbars. They have a wired remote on the dashboard which allows me to switch them on or off, but i would really like to have them connected to the high beam control. Unfortunately, because they were fitted when i bought the car I don't have any of the instructions or diagrams.

Do you know if there are any laws/regulations which might affect what can be done with these extra lamps?
          adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Hmmm.... Methinks the thread is lost..... yes Phil, can manage the electrics..... but question is .....were is easiest/best to fit switch?

and is the bullbar origional?

Comment

test

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back to you,

I have had problems posting for the last couple of days. Advise from the forum sorted it out though.

As for the switch, I fitted it down to the right of the steering wheel, I kept all of the wire down the drivers side to the battery to make it all shorter and easier to hide.

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by lightningad
                  don't supposed you could email me a copy of the complete article, Phil?

I have a set of Jaos Offroad Challenger lamps already fitted to the bullbars. They have a wired remote on the dashboard which allows me to switch them on or off, but i would really like to have them connected to the high beam control. Unfortunately, because they were fitted when i bought the car I don't have any of the instructions or diagrams.

Do you know if there are any laws/regulations which might affect what can be done with these extra lamps?
                  Most of the work is already done for you. There will be+12v on one side of the switch when the ignition is on. It probably picks up the voltage under the steerung colum cover. all you need to do is move that wire to the cable that is +12v live when the high beam is switched on. Use a meter to find that. If you can't get a contact point to check you could ise a pin and insulate afterwards. (make sure it never earths!!)

Now just leave the switch in the on position and whenever you flash your lights 12x gets to the relay and the lamps come on. simple....

Good luck.

I think we have ended up with 2 threads in one here.

Comment

great stuff...thanks Phil.

i thought it an easier way to find what i needed by piggybacking a ride on a thread that was closely related!!
                    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H
                      Sorry it took so long to get back to you,

I have had problems posting for the last couple of days. Advise from the forum sorted it out though.

As for the switch, I fitted it down to the right of the steering wheel, I kept all of the wire down the drivers side to the battery to make it all shorter and easier to hide.

Phil.
                      Thanks Phil

Just the Bull bar question left...........

Comment

Working...
                      X